Hello!

I am looking for some advice.  On April 1st I was involved in a high speed car accident and sustained a Lisfranc fracture of the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th metarsals in my left foot.  In August 2014 I fell down the stairs and sustained a bimallelor fracture of the tibia and fibula.  I had ORIF surgery twice in 2014 for this injury.  Of course I have a lot of hardware in my ankle.  With everything I have read here and in a number of other locations including some studies that if an ORIF is not done immediatelyI am concerned that I have not yet had surgery for the Lisfranc fracture.  During follow ups the OS keeps saying that I do not require it.  I don't want surgery but if it will help improve the overall outcome I would prefer it to be done sooner rather than later.  Will be attending school in the fall and being laid up for it due to a delay in treatment now is very undesireable.  I have photos of my xrays.  Cannot see a way to post them at the moment though.

Thanks!

Sorry!  Forgot to say that the arch in the same injured foot disappeared this week.  It wasn't great before but that wasn't surprising to me.  It was surprising to see my foot flatten out this week though and that is the primary reason why I am worried.

Beaker, wonder how you're getting on. Have an update for us?

Katie.

Hi Katie, Sorry, just saw your question now. Not as well as I had expected for this long after the injury. I have trouble with stairs, and have trouble with pain in my foot if I have been sitting for a while. Today while catching a train I tried to run for the first time. I made it about 5 funny steps before it really started to hurt. It still hurts now 6 hours later. Follow up appointment is on the 20th of September. I have a feeling the surgeon may bring up a fusion operation again. It's not what I want to do but if it will help me walk properly then I'll do it.