On Thrusday October 5th I rolled my foot going down the stairs.. Heard a pop and immdiatley realized something was wrong.. Could not sleep and was in pain.... I was able to get an appoitment the next day. Described to the doctor what happened.. He moved my foot around and believed it might be a lisfranc dislocation.. Well, after that he did some xrays. I was so scared because I am a UPS driver... He brought the xrays back in and said it did not look as bad as he thought.. But, he wants me to have an MRI done to find out what soft tissue damage there could be.. He went through the possible different treatments and I am scared to death.. I am feeling good that at least the xrays did not look bad.. I mean they were NOTHING compared to what I have seen on the internet.. Right now the biggest problem is waiting.. I have the MRI done on Monday and than I don't go back to the doctor until the following Friday.. Of course he prescribed pain medicene and anti imflamatory meds for me. But, right now I am really going through some depression issues right now.. I will be on disablility which is only like 30% of my actually pay.. My wife works and we have 2 kids.. But, in todays society you need 2 jobs to support your family. I am more depressed with that I think.. I am going to call my mortgage company and see if something can be done to help me out on that issue. I also have 2 car notes and with Xmas coming up.. I am just going crazy thinking about this.. I appreciate having a place to post this and get it off my mind.. Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated. I am hoping for the best and will post when I have more info. At least this is a way for me to get some of this off my cheast.

Hi Lisfranc Concerned and Scared: Welcome to the Lisfranc club! Follow these threads for a lot of information. The first thread is 15 pages full of information and the second thread is because the first thread got too full. I would really appreciate it if you would do all of your Replys on the 2nd thread.

I know how you feel having survived a Lisfranc injury, I'm 8 months post injury. There's a lot of emotion and fear to deal with. I have 2 children too (9 and 3). Anyhow, take it one day or problem at a time because if you try to solve everything at once, its overwhelming and plays on your emotions. I tried to focus on reading everything I could get my hands on, watching tv, doing lots of Sodoku puzzles, and trying to figure out ways to get my 3-year old boy to do as I wanted him to do without having to get up off the couch. I wouldn't worry about the kids, all they really want is their Mom and Dad to be around them. How old are your kids?

Some weblinks state that only 1 out of 55,000 persons present with a lisfranc injury so we're a rare breed.

Part I:
https://www.steadyhealth.com/topics/lisfranc-foot&name=LISFRANC_FOOT&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

Part II:
https://www.steadyhealth.com/topics/lisfranc-foot-fracture-thread-part-ii

Cheers, Kelly

Were you able to put any weight on it right after it happened? I have a lisfranc fracture and i was in too much pain to even attempt putting weight on the foot right after it happened. When I was reading about the lisfranc injury I thought i remembered reading that if you could put any weight on it it may not be as bad as you think. Don't take my word for it though because there's a good chance i'm wrong.

I've just discovered this webpage and have read through some of the articles. It's really comforting to read that you are not alone with this injury.

I fell off a small step at my friends house and twisted my foot. At first I thought that i'd sprained my ankle but the pain was getting increasingly worse and the swelling starting. I went to a local accident & emergency dept and had some xrays done, they suspected a fracture but were not 100% certain so decided to put me in a hard cast and told me to go to the city hospital in 2 days for a second opinion. Went to the hospital and had a series of x-rays taken and was told that i had a lisfranc fractures of my 1st, 3 & 4th MT and also broken 2 other bones at the top of my foot. They arranged a CT scan the following week and when i went back to the OS, he advised that surgery would be the only option. I really felt disheartened because by that point I had already been in a cast for 3 weeks and knew that i would have at least another 6 weeks after the op in a cast. Now reading all the articles on the web, I realise how naive i was to think that 6 weeks in plaster would be job done and get back to normal! If only hey?!!

I had 3 wires and screws put into my foot. I went to the hospital last week to have my stitches removed and was not prepared for what i saw when they took off the cast. i think they should warn people that metal hooks will be coming out of their foot - it was a horrible sight that really shook me up and made me feel really depressed. Now i'm 3 weeks post op and am trying to remain optimistic as possible about what the next few months will hold.

I'm not sure what my road to recovery will be like once the wires are removed in 3 weeks time but reading through this webpage has helped me create a list of questions that i will be asking the OS on my next visit.

This webpage has really helped to understand the injury and what to expect in the short and long term - so thank you.

I wish everyone really well and here's to a speedy and full recovery - Good Luck!! :-D