Anyone had foot fracture surgery? Any tips on swelling and when will life get back to normal? Greetings from St. Louis

I hope you've recovered successfully by now. I'm 4 1/2 weeks post fore-foot reconstructive surgery. Swelling is a problem, and only seems to get worse, although I keep my foot elevated and iced and wear an ace compression wrap. Any suggestions?

Hi..I had surgery on the fifth metarsal about 5 weeks ago..I have a screw that has to come out in about a week..The pain has been worse then when I first fractured it..Swelling and aching when I walk..I fractured it in October so this has been a long haul..

Wow, i keep reading about people getting their screws out after LisFranc surgery. I had LisFranc surgery on January 28, 2011 from bone degeneration. I followed doctor's orders to a tee. I keep my foot elevated and I remained non weight baring for 8 weeks. My foot still hurts like heck and it will not stop swelling unless it is elevated I walk like Fred Sanford. The doctor does not want to remove the screws but I'm almost certain that is what the problem is. It was thought that a nerve was trapped and I let them cut the nerve a couple of weeks ago. I still have feeling in the areas that they said I would have no feeling in. i am at my wits in. i can't take this pain and swelling every hour of the day. What else can be done?, non surgically. I really don't want surgery again.