I am new to this forum but glad I found it. I suffered a lisfranc injury a week and a half ago and I'm scheduled for surgery on Thursday. I was curious if it's more common to be put in a cast after surgery or if I will continue to wear my nice big boot? I am scheduled to go on a vacation in two weeks and I know I will be limited on what i can do but I would much rather have the boot then a hard cast. Can anyone give me insight on what is more common? And I feel I have a pretty high pain tolerance as this injury happened on a Saturday night and I didn't see the doctor until Monday morning, but I'm a little nervous about how much pain I will be in post-surgery.

thanks for all the info!!

It may vary from doctor to doctor but for the 2 times I have had lisfranc surgery work done I was in a surgical cast until my stitches needed to come out, then I went into my boot.
The surgical cast I had after surgery was just a lot of gauze wrap and Kling. I was never in a of those hard plaster casts.

Thanks for the info. I was curious as I am supposed to be celebrating the Fourth of July by a lake and I knew I could still probably do this in a boot but wasn't so sure with a cast near water. This injury has definitely put a damper on my fun summer events I had scheduled!!