I have an old bike and was told that I should consider buying a bike with titanium frame. I am a heavyweight and supposedly this frame is just perfect for me. What are its main features? Is there any difference at all between aluminum, carbon and titanium frames? Does it have any significance for me?

Yes it does. Both titanium and carbon absorb vibrations well. It feels like you are riding on a smooth road all the time. At first it may not feel as fast as the one built with aluminum alloy because aluminum frame transmits the road surface much more. That gives you a feeling of speed. Smooth ride seems slower, at first. But when you find that you are still keeping up with your friends you will know that you have got the right thing. Especially when you feel less battered at the end of a long ride. If the bike is not absorbing the vibrations then it normally means that the rider is; which is something none of us desires.