I haven't been able to get as hard as I used to be, and now when I do and begin to masturbate, I lose hardness almost instantly. This has only started happening in the last few months, and consulting the doctor is a tad embarrasing so I am seeking advice here first. It happens whatever I jack off to, visual or not.

I am 17 if this helps.

Thanks in advance

OK,

A couple of questions first. How are you physically? Are you feeling ill or tired? Are you under any stress? Does masturbation bother you? Do you still wake up with an erection? How hard? How often do your masturbate.

Please don't be embarrassed by any of these questions.

I don't think that at your age it would be a physical problem. If you're not feeling well or are stressed then that can affect your performance. Do you usually feel like you have to rush when masturbating or can you relax and take your time?

Take a break for a few days if you can and then try things when you can relax and enjoy it. Change your technique a little and see if that helps.

Post back with the answers to the above questions and we'll see what we can do to help more.

I am feeling fine and it doesn't bother me. I don't wake up with one very often, but now and then. I masturbate around 3-4 times per week.

I can relax and not feel rushed pretty much everytime.

Thanks for the reply.

Thanks for the information.

I'm not sure why this has happened. Usually it is stress related.

Take a break for a few days if you can and then try doing something different. It could be you're just a bit bored of the usual. If it continues then you should see your doctor to rule out anything physical.

Don't worry about this yet. All men go through occasional problems so it is not unusual. Usually it is a short term thing.

Hope this helps. Post back and keep us updated as to how you're doing.

I am 22 and its very hard to get erection while masturbating but everything is fine when I am with my girlfriend !? .. I have mourning erections but not as good as before, why is this happening .. maybe I feel a little stress this period of my life but who knows, all I know is I feel really awkward at times because of this .. what should I do guys ?????

Hi guys!l suffer i think from perfoemance anxiety..sometimes everything is perfect an othertimes i lose my erection...after one year that this happens i am to this point...most time everything is perfect with my gf but after i red that masturbation is a test to see if the problem is physical i try to masturbate to test myself and i have dificulties to get erected.is that normal.?i am great in real sex but not in masturbation...weird?when i masturbate i get erected just before i get ready to cum?maybe i put too much pressure in my hand...can anxiety effect masturbation?because i do it as a test?please help

I am 66 yrs old 145lb walk 30 blocks daily go to steam room 3 times a week. 3 months ago stopped smoking weed. I have problems with staying hard during mastrubation. I am on a maditteranian diet. Have hard ons during sleep. Some times wake up with one n goes after I wake up. I am embarrassed revealing this. But I need help. Grateful

I dont get erection even during masturbate and also not with my gf. But at night i sometime get full erection without any reason.
What is this problem exactly?
Thanks for reply

Having a similar issue to this myself think it's definitely stress related definitely psychological,just relax and things will return to normal, often worrying about the problem can make it worse talk to your girlfriend about it if you feel comfortable it may help, stay strong brother.

Stick a marble up your bum it works wonders