hi, I"m 17 and have been masturbating since i was 13. i usually masturbate once a day. I used to have a good stiff erection but recently my erections have become soft. I recently found a masseger in my house and started using that and started masturbating more and more. Is my soft erections due to just masturbating to much and will get more stiff after i stop for awhile o do i have a long-term problem that needs to be treated?

I reckon you just need to experiment and see for yourself what the problem may be. You may decide to stop for a week or so and see if it gets any better (I would advise 3 weeks but I am not sure you could go that long).

Maybe masturbation is not giving you as much pleasure as it used to when you were 13 and maybe you need something else now, so masturbation is not much fun.

In my point of view, masturbation is just techniques in order to satisfy yourself and if your mind is thinking about different stuff, you may not be enjoying masturbation as much as you did before.

Masturbating once a day is not a lot, although experts recommended 3 times/week would be the right dosage. If you don’t manage to get a normal erection after some time of refraining, you may want to decide to look for doctor’s help but most of soft erections are psychological (in my opinion) but not necessarily.

hey can you tell me if waiting for 3 week or so helped you or did you have to do soem thing elce because i also have the same problem and i need help badly

Guys,

Your problems may well be physiological.

For example: when a man ejaculates he loses about 3mg of an esential (especially for men) mineral - zinc.

The RDA for zinc is about 15mg, but it is rare to obtain this from dietary sources. Zinc is hugely important for maintaining testosterone levels. When you are zinc deficient T levels drop and sperm count decreases. A high T level will ensure a hard erection a low T level can cause a weak erection. Masturbation will eventually exhaust you as certain trace minerals and prostaglandins are absorbed from female vaginal secretions which balance the effect of ejaculating.

Get yourself checked out and do a little research.

Best wishes,

Josh

I am experiencing the same problems described...
I masturbate once a day, and sometimes twice, it has been a long time I do that...
Now my erection isn't stiff as it used to be... Although I am young.
Thus, I made a research on the web and found that, besides the zinc problem described above, over masturbation affects other hormones and substances that are essential for a full erection, brain health, healthy sleep and so on...

It is interesting that I had most of the symptoms the research described: lower back pain, anxiety, soft erection, bad sleep, etc...

They recommend you to reduce the frequency of masturbation, maybe once every second/third day... kinda hard to follow though, lol. Drink soy milk and eat less red meat and fatty food.

You may experience better erection after a month or so, when you are in balance again with your hormones.

i have the same problems also. i am only 16 and i cant have a soft erection -.-, i am 2 young for this. anyway i dont gget enough sleep and i worry about my appearance and e.t.c. this could be th psychological side. i just need to go to bed earlier get up a bit later and cut down on masturbation and i should be ok. has any1 got any more suggestions please :-(?

I get rock hard if i havent being wanking in a while so you're probably doin it too much.

For the jerkoff who said that "experts recommend 3 times a week", shut it. There's no "right" amount. The WRONG amount is when it hurts too much to do it. Otherwise, if you want to do it 5 times a month or 5 times a day that's all up to you. :-)

Now, for the guys who are worried about the soft erections, there are a few different things that could be causing it. Usually, it's all in your head. You're worried about something, or you're not turned on enough, or you're masturbating when you'd rather be watching TV or whatever. In these cases, just try to not worry about it. Remember, masturbation is supposed to be fun and pleasurable. If you're worrying about stuff while you're doing it, you're doing it wrong. :-)

The other thing that can be at work here, especially if you're still growing, is low blood pressure/poor circulation. When you're in your teens you end up growing faster than your body's blood supply. If you're in your teens and you notice that if you stand up too fast you get light-headed, this is the problem. Just give your body time to catch up and you'll be fine. The good news is, your penis will still work just fine even if it's not quite as hard. :-)

here's my problem i usually felt the pleasure very intense in my entire penis but in time it kinda started to get less strong the feeling disapeared from the right part of my penis and almoust from my left now latelty when i get ejaculations besides the pleasure wich is smaller i get a sort of sting in the left side of my penis did i break it lol ?

I think i have a diffrent problem related could u answer pls anyway ? it seems that the pleasure is getting less in my penis .I would get a strong muscle tense when i ejaculate, now i barely get it. The feeling of muscle tense or constraint disapeared progresively from the right half of my penis and almoust all from my left half now when i ejaculate i don't get the same constraint tense in my penis just a slight sting or burn in the region that is still unafected is this normal and did anyone experience anything similar , im worried about the lack of sensitive feel in my penis
And no it is not a STD i did not have any sexual contact

Jus try your best to avoid masturbating if you think its causing your problems, there havent been any scientific experiments to clarify the affects of over masturbating so no one knows but if you feel its causing issues just try to avoid it. You may not be able to go longer than one or two weeks but in the long run youll have less time spent doing it than if you dont try. Remember if your busy and social your mind wont be on it.

I was in bed with my girl and I was not able to get hard thus we couldn't have sex. I felt so bad about the whole deal.

I had masturbated for 3 ~ 4 times A day for the following month. I think reading these forums were helpful. I'm going to start taking Zinc, get as many hours of sleep as I can, drink water and stop masterbating for a few weeks.

I'm also going to book an appt. with my doctor just to making sure everything is okay.

As far as psychological goes, I'm a confident person and sex is pretty normal for me... I don't see know my mind will be preventing this.

Ive had a similar case, im 18 now and ive been masturbating about once a day, sometimes twice. My erections used to be really hard, usually throbbing and lasted for ages, however now its been a while since ive had anything as hard, and when it is it doesnt really last.

Whats surprised me is that ive just started having sex, but its not as hard as it should be, only just holds itself up. Im thinking its psychological as I had a moment a while ago where it wasn't working for a full 2 weeks, then just as i visited a doctor it worked again, but hasnt really been the same after that.

I did actually take a 2 week break, where i only masturbated once,and that was the throbbing hardness that it should be, I was also eating much healthier, so I think I should get more zinc into my diet

Hey I used to have the same problem really young like 17. I'm 35 now. My Uncle is an awesome doc and talked to him. I'll tell you what REALLY worked for ME. If you try the stuff below I would be very surprised if you don't notice a fairly BIG difference:

1. Masturbating too much. I don't know what the science is. Society now seems to say whack off as much as u possibly want. For me, STOP it. Do it MAX twice a week. AND when you do (a) DONT do it the exact same way every time. I am SURE that messes you up when you're with a partner b/c you get used to being stimulated one way. (b) If you do whack off DONT rush it and ejaculate soon. It trains your penis to just sort of get off super quick. It's a terrible thing to do. Try not masturbating for a few weeks or as infrequent as possible. And yu know what? It makes you lazy too go out and find a partner. Getting a new partner will excite you plenty and yo'r erections will be fine.

2. The MOST crucial: If you smoke or take any nicotine you MUST stop it completely. I mean completely. I started smoking when I was 15, didnt start getting laid till 17 so never knew. When I quit ALL nictotine for me anyway its DRAMATIC . After 72 hours like clockwork my erections start getting rock hard. Maybe you are different. For me its dramatic, literally.

3. You may be like me and though there's nothing wrong with you you're just super sensitive to substances nicotine, CAFFEINE, alcohol and drugs. For me its weird b/c I could drink a LOT & take drugs so in THAT sense no one would say I'm "sensitive." But it has immediate effects on my erection. I don't mean small I mean a BIG difference and there is ZERO doubt when I cut those out the effects for me are pretty dramatic. Who knows why and who cares. That doesn’t mean don't drink or even get drunk or if that's your thing, occasionally take drugs. But IF you're like me you CANNOT take those things to the extent where you have some in your system all the time. Pot is another disaster for me. And crucially also some prescription drugs e.g. Xanax or anti-depressants.

So if you drink do it every now and then (as much as you want) but never regularly take ANY of the above. The only exception is caffeine. You can take some but really man I have experimented with doing AND not doing all this stuff and for me the bigest surprisze after nicotine was that having too mmuch caffeine also effects my erection noticeably.

4. Kegal excercises: Do them. Do them correctly! Don’t be a maniac take it slow exactly as they say. I weight train seriously since 6 years its old advice but taking it slow and not being a spaz is easier, more fun and dramatically better results. Look it up and just do them. You'll notice a difference in 2 weeks.

5. Confidence and know what turns you on and DO it confidently. I do NOT repeat NOT mean wacking off and daydreaming. I mean with your sex partner. I learned the hard way that anything a man says and does confidently and just does it works 50x better with most women than being wimpy about it. If in doubt, be more manly in bed not more hesitant. You'll find that just doing what you want then you're not splitting your mind into thinking and you just enjoy which in turn erection is no problem. Discover what turns you on. Example: Me I didn’t even know at all till I was like 23 that it REALLY turns me on and drives a lot of girls crazy to talk in bed. Hey that’s just me. Discover what u like now and you'll have a lot of fun.

6. In the MEANTIME I STRONGLY recommend you go to a doctor and make him prescribe you not Viagra but CIALIS. Cialis is amazing. I always thought that was the most pathetic geezer thing to do. FORGET that! Take one Cialis tablet and for the next 36 hours (Viagra sucks in comparison) I was literally having rock hard erections so many times a day I had to halve the dosage. That just confirms to me that I and some people are really sensitive to drugs of many kinds for good and bad. It has NO bad effects it does NOT in any way mean you wont get hard without it etc. Just do it. You'll thank me. Here's the thing: You probably wont need to take it often. You take it when you’re having sex (WITH a partner) and that will completely change the psychological component which does become an issue if you’re stressed about it. I took the tab the first time literally 2 days after I STARTED doing all the stuff above. Sex was amazing I mean problem 100% solved. And the BEST part is once the other stuff (1 to 5) above kicks in I found I didn’t need it at all. Problem solved. Literally. But if you want to get laid randomly if you're drinking etc then keep a pack its worth it. Cialis and even Viagra (but Cialis much better) is just absolutely dramatic. For me at least I went from disturbed about soft erections to literally problems with a hard on all the time.

7. As for Zinc food etc I don’t know. For me it doesn’t seem to make much difference. Try it though. At least drink lots of water.

Try the stuff above especially 1 to 4 which you can do immediately. REALLY go and get some real Cialis too though. Then Write back on this forum and tell me how it went ok? I put effort into telling you this stuff so I want to know. I think you're going to be very happy. When I get serious about something I really research and then try each thing for myself like I did with the stuff above. I’m saving you a lot of effort and hassle so just try it. See you ---

Hey. i am having similar problem's i think i also masterbait too much in a week. i am lukie enough to have a girlfriend an she said she also can tell the diffrence witch really sucks because she says it as she dosent enjoy it as much anymore. i have tryed for 2 week's now not to masterbait quite as frequent witch i can admit is very very hard an i dont think i have avoided it anymore than allways so i cant shed any light on the leaving it alone for 3 weeks thing. i agree i think most of it in our guys head's but im sure every one would agree its quite a frighting thing when it justs stops being so hard all of a sudden. im going to play it out longer. also i have talked to a doctor about it. not you know formally gone for a check up but he said the best thing to do is to NOT thing about it i cant stress this enough to every one DO! NOT!. the more you worrie the worse its going to be.exercise more than regulary.also have a high vitamin intake so lots of oranges banan's an eat generally eat healthy. anyways good luck guy's im sure it will pass an remeber just dont stress that will only make the situation worse :-)