My name is Shelby. I am 17, 5'5" and I way 320lbs. I have always been large, and it has always been an extreme struggle to lose weight. I am tired of being this big. I hear people complaining about weighing 150lbs and so forth and all i can think is that the last time I weighed that was in elementary school. I have such a low self esteem, and I have tried everything. I need advice on diets, exercises, anything. Please. I want to lose the weight as fast as I can because i tend to give up if results arent present..

Hi Shelby,

I will try to give you some advise on to how to go about starting a healthier and better approach to loosing weight.

Lets begin by taking care of a good diet. To start, minimize starches, added sugars, and animal fat from meat and dairy foods. For rapid weight loss, focus on fruits, veggies, egg whites, soy products, skinless poultry breasts, fish, shellfish, nonfat dairy foods, and 95% lean meat.

Here are more tips:

• Eat vegetables to help you feel full.
  • Drink plenty of water.
  • Get tempting foods out of your home.
  • Stay busy -- you don't want to eat just because you're bored.
  • Eat only from a plate, while seated at a table. No grazing in front of the 'fridge.
  • Don't skip meals.

Get vitamine C and Omega 3s(good kind of fats) onto your diet. They will help you burn calories.

Avoid white carbohydrates - bread, rice, cereal, potatoes, pasta, and fried food with breading. Eat proteins, legumes and vegetables. Eat the same few meals over and over again. You could mix and match from these groups.

Be sure to sleep at least 7 hours a night Get at least 7 hours of sleep at night. This will help to keep your appetite in check.

If you have a gym you can go to great, if not you can work out at home. You can start by doing cardio like jumping jacks and such. Then rest for 30-40 secs, and next you will do a series of none stop exercises to keep your heart rate up and burn some serious calories. you can include on those reverse crunches, leg raises, fast crunches, lunges, mountain climbers, wide grip push up, reverse lunges, close grip push up,  or cross crunch. Any of those type of exercises that will keep your heart rate up.

Hope this helps, God Bless