So, I posted something earlier about having bumps on the back of my throat that hasnt gone away for quite sometime and I was having some issues these last couple weeks. Well, The bumps seemed to have went down...but I still have an overly large bump on my tonsil. Its taking up the whole thing. And now that I look at it, it looks like right above the bump there is almost a hole like thing. Like my tonsil goes back and then there is a hole, then there is a part on top. So it pretty much looks like a hole in my tonsil. I'm pretty sure thats not what it is, but it still confuses me. Any information would be nice:)

Hi! These could be tonsil stones. These are irregularly shaped, whitish/yellow, foul-smelling globs of mucus and bacteria that get caught in the back of the throat. They form in the tonsil crypts which are simply small pockets or divots that appear in everyone's tonsils. Maybe you'll find more here https://www.steadyhealth.com/Is_my_throat_lump_actually_a_tonsil_stone__t53848.html

Thanks for the suggestion. I really appreciate it.

They dont smell or anything and its just one glob on the left one. I havent had any promblems with bad breath..
And its been there since this summer.
But would this cause a hole in the tonsil?
Now, the bumps in the very back disappeared as soon as I started getting sick, but my throat is incredibly raw. I look down like right under my tonsil, and there is like..this white streak that goes down my throat. Im guessing thats the part thats really raw. From what I could see, its still only on the left side. My right side is still normal; just sore from coughing.

I found that holes in your tonsils, or crypts, are actually normal. They provide a place for your white blood cells to fight bad bacteria that enters your body through your mouth and nose. A dry and raw throat could have many causes. A majority of sore throats are caused by viral infections, but sometimes simply breathing through your mouth can cause a dry throat.

So, I had my tonsils removed. It finds out that the giant lump was a cyst in my tonsil and it was causing me to be continuously sick.