i have found a pea sized lump on the back of my neck, about two inches down from my hairline, to the left. it feels quite tender at times, although i've only notced it for about a week. anyone have any ideas what it could be? it feels quite hard. i'm absoloutly terrified that it could be cancer, especialy as two of my closest friends are currently suffering with cancer. am i worrying over nothing?

many thanx

Me too! Mine is a bit bigger than a green pea and at the very bottom of my neck. I thought it might be cancer but I'm only 14 and I've never smoked and I think you only get neck cancer if you smoke but I have no idea.

I have a small lump on the back of my neck to. it is right next to my spine but it doesn't hurt. sounds like it is quite common, i'm going to the doc tomorrow i will post my diagnoses, but i'm sure it is nothing to worry about, but you should have it checked out. It is possible to get cancer anywhere in the body regardless of smoking or any other related habits, but i am sure your fine.