i'm a 16 year old male and i've had a lumpy ball/vein in my scrotum for the past 2-3 years. should i be worried?? it's NOT attached to the testicle, it's right above it attached to the epidymis (sp?) i.e.: if i feel my testicle it's not attached to it, i can move the lumpy ball/vein around without moving my left testicle.

since it's not attached to my left testicle could it be cancer? also it's usually soft, but when i strain it gets bigger and firmer (kinda like a vein) and when i lay down it seems to dissapear completely, also when i push it up through the scrotal skin it is blue.....could i have varicose? please someone answer. thanks

after i looked at the diagram of the sack/testicle this lump/vein is attached to the spermatic cord, right above my left testicle. also i can push it up through the sack and it looks lumpy, and sometimes bluish....note: it isn't attached to the testicle, so what could i have? please respond if you have an idea to what i could have. thanks

also, when i get an erection it seems to decrease in size, and it goes back to normal when my erection has subsided. also in hot weather it seems to get a lil bigger and sometimes i get a dull ache where it's at. could i have varicose?

or cancer???!!!! please someone respond!!! also it's usually soft, but if i strain it get's a lil bigger and a lil firmer. (but not hard) please someone respond!!! thanks!!

can someone please respond? since it's not attached to my left testicle (it's attached to the spermatic cord right above my left testicle, and i can move it without moving my left testicle) could i have cancer?

or varicocele? i think i might have varicocele b/c when i push it through the scrotal skin (not literally THROUGH it, i mean up where i can see it) it looks bluish and also lumpy. and when i lay down i can still feel it but barely and only if i search really hard, it's also in the same place but it's attached to the spermatic cord so i guess that's normal. and if i strain it gets just a lil bigger/more noticable and just a lil firmer but it's still soft (kinda like a vein.) and if i mess with it too much (like feel it often) or if i set for a long while or stand for a long period of time i get a dull ache where it's at.

so what could i have? please someone respond. thanks. also should i be worried that i might have cancer if it's been there for 2-3 years? thanks.

someone please respond!!! i'm really worried i could have cancer and i'm scared to go to the doc b/c i've been reading allota stuff about cancer and even though the lump i have isn't attatched to the testicle i'm still scared it could be cancer.

and what could i have if it's right above my left testicle attached to the spermatic cord, is blue and twisted/lumpy looking when i push it up to look at it, and is generally soft but can be a lil firmer/more noticible if i strain? and it seems to go away when i lay down. please, someone rspond!! thanks

also i'd like to add when i get an erection it seems to get smaller. and when my erection subsides it goes back to normal size. so what could i have?

That lump or vien is called a Vericaseal (I dont know if I spelled that right). Its like the vien you see in old lady's legs. You might want to see a Urologist. They will need to surgically fix it. Ive had it done myself. If you dont get it done at all you can end up being steril.

you shouldnt worrie to much as i had the same thing twice. it feels like a sack of worms yes. what it is, your left testical mian blood supply comes from your left kidney. the blood travels down but for some reason it takes it alot longer to leave! you need to see your GP as you can go for a op, where they cut above your left leg and cut/tie of some of the vains. i had have it done twice when i was 16/17 and again in my early 20s but if it returns again its something ill have to live with as the internal scaring means that there is a chance of cutting the major blood supply! the reason your testicals are out side your body is to keep them cool, these vain just make it a little warmer so your spurm count might be reduced but please dont get all stressed. the op only takes a hour or so! just dont make any quick movements when you come round and dont try to walk strate away cause it quite pain full and ill say this the second time was 10 times worse than the first walking for long periods and lifting is a no no and the second time it was done my testicals swelled and went black and penis went black due to brusing thought it was going to fall off but this is normal so dont worrie to much.

While it is true that you probably shouldn't worry about the same thing twice, you should go to a doctor. If you have been previously, then go with what he said last time you went. If you haven't been, GO. You never know what it might be, and how serious it might be.

thanks i have the same thing as him should i get surgery?

i was told by a urologist that it isn't a big deal and surgery is optional. the only time you would absolutely have to get it fixed would be if you were having a problem with having a kid, or experiencing pain, which could be a sign of atrophy of the testicle.
it actually is quite common among men i was told, one out of five i think he said.

im only 14 and i can drive and i still see a childrens doc. how should i tell my rents abt this.

i meant to say cant*

ive got that aswell its not as bad as it seems ive looked it up and just says you should see a doctor if it starts causing you pain

Dont lose sleep over it. I have had it for 30 years. Had is since I was like 16. Am married and have had three kids so I guess everything is working. Relax and enjoy sex.