Ive had this lumpy feeling in my throat for two weeks now and I'm starting to get very concerned. Ive talked to doctors, nurses, a pharmacist, and an anosteisiologist  or however its spelled and they all told me that I shouldn't be concerned about this situation. I went to the doctor a week ago, and was diagnosed with laryngitis, however, I'm having a hard time believing them because all they did was check my blood pressure heart rate and had me do the little "say ahh" thing, although my doctor did admit that where the area of my concern was at, was beyond where she could see (meaning it was deeper down in my throat) Ive been told its either laryngitis, or acid reflux. But I'm not too sure Ive had heartburn lately (since I don't really eat much, and I'm only 15 years of age.) But I have no problems swallowing, no problems breathing or anything, its just the lumpy feeling is very very uncomfortable. I woke up this morning and my right ear had felt like it popped so I'm wondering if I'm starting to catch a cold or something. Also the other night, I woke up and felt like I had been coughing in my sleep, but I don't have a cough. Whenever I swallow, it feels like it goes down but the feeling is still there, sometimes my chest hurts, like it feels like I'm swallowing a piece of ice or something. This feeling went away for like two days and then returned so it's like I'm going through phase two now. I just finished reading an article about the same thing and the person said they went to a nose and throat specialist and that they had to have a tube stuck down their nose and throat (they were numbed first) this kinda spooked me though because I'm the kinda person who just fears basically everything (hospitals, needles, tubes. ect.)  I'm also a hypochondriac. Anywho if anyone could kinda help me out that'd be great because I'm tired of getting different answers, it's stressful and quite confusing, since I don't know who to trust >_<.

You might want to have your thyroid checked?? Hope it's nothing serious. Let us know how it goes..