I am 17wks pregnant with my first child. I have fairly severe kyphosis and my doctors are starting to panic.

I have slight respiratory problems so far but seem to be coping with rest and understanding my limitations.

Can anyone help me understand what to expect as my doctor yesterday was quoting worse case scenarios to me, involving termination and I feel they are being a little melodramatic..

I know a few people who have been pregnant with Scoliosis but not Kyphosis

Thanks Lynz

I am a Dutch woman of 27 years old, I also have very severe Kyphosis.
I am thinking about getting pregnant and searching for information but its hard to find any. I have been
to the hospital to investigate whether it is genetic but they cant give me an answer on this. They also cant tell
me how pregnancy under this circumstances developes.

Today I saw your message and I am wondering how your pregnancy went. What where your main problems,
how did it ended, is your child healthy etc...
Could you give me some information, your answer can be of great importance to me.

Thanks, Ries

I have scoliosis and kyphosis, and I have had four regular pregnancies and deliveries. The pregnancies actually helped my scoliosis, but I seemed to always be out of breath the second half of the pregnancies due to compressed lungs.

Hey there! U have a kyphoscoliosis ? It posible to be pregnant in this situation? It cant affect the baby?