I was just normally cleaning my penis in the shower and today the foreskin decided to fully retract over the head.  It is hyper sensitive, and the foreskin will not go back and cover the head as normal before.  Worried about paraphimosis! 

Hi rich,

Super sensitive is NORMAL.  Your foreskin has protected the nerves on the glans and they aren't used to being touched.  You'll get used to it.

How tight is your foreskin?  Try a cold shower, it may help things "shrink" enough that it can go back.  Once you get it back you'll need to keep stretching your foreskin so that it can easily retract.  You must be close if it came back by itself.  Can you work it back using your finger?  Yes it will be sensitive.

If your penis appears swollen then see a doctor immediately.

Thanks for the reply Dan,

Its been 10ish hours since the incident now and I have tried the cold shower, I can easily forcibly move the skin over the glands so that they are completely covered, but as I release the skin slowly retracts to a position where about 2cm of diameter of gland is showing.

There is no pain, and the glands are a slight purple tinge, and perhaps a bit swollen but i have urinated three times since the incident which indicate I do not have a severe loss of circulation? (correct me if I'm wrong). Just planning to sleep it over in a comfy position.

please advise

From your description I agree with your conclusion. No severe loss of circulation.

Your foreskin may be a bit swollen for a few days - from it retracting. This is also very common.

Hope it helps.

Thanks Dan,

Just woke up today so about 24 hrs since the incident... The glands are still uncovered (but less sensitive) and the foreskin still doesn't want to stay over. Would you recommended seeing a doctor or should I wait it out a few days and expect for all the swelling to go down so that the foreskin can go back to original?

Give it some time.

You aren't describing any problem that requires medical attention.

If the foreskin is trapped behind the head, then try squeezing the head very hard to force the blood out of it, while you bring your foreskin forward with your other hand.