I am 14 y/o and have only found out recently that my foreskin was supposed to retract all the way over the head of the penis, I can feel the head and it is quite a bit away and I can't imagine pulling that far down without wincing in pain, I can masturbate just fine and have no problems with that, but on other posts I've see people like me who can't retract their foreskin can't masturbate without pain.

I was just wondering, if I can masturbate fine, will I be able to have sex? How would I clean my penis?

Any help appreciated.%-)

Hi Guest,

It's normal for you not to be able to pull your foreskin back, until about age 16 or so.

Work on stretching it.  Get an erection and pull down on the shaft skin so the head "spreads" the opening OR you can use your fingers to open it.  Take your time, you don't have to hurt yourself but there may be some discomfort.  The more you do it the sooner it will slide freely.  Don't force it back though.  Let it retract at its own pace.

It won't stop you from having sex but it can be a bit uncomfortable.  Ideally, by that time you'll have a foreskin that works as it should.

To clean it, do your best.  You can try to just "flush" it with water and use your fingers as best you are able.  Yes, the head is sensitive, it will decrease as you start to touch it more - this is NORMAL too.

Good luck.