I was in the shower doing my thing just washing and i decided I would masturbate, part way into it i felt a weird pull and I realized I had pulled the foreskin behind the head - (my foreskin is quite tight i'm in the process of stretching/using it more and i've been making progress) but this felt weird, I have done this twice before where I've pulled it behind the head and it felt really weird as if it was scrunched up so i immediately stopped and tried to get it back to normal as this discomfort is an instant turn off. on the two other occasions I was able to get everything normal again but on this occasion i noticed that the head was still erect while the rest of my penis wasn't, and this started to worry me after a few minutes... i got out of the shower and googled to see how to lose the erection and some of the things I read started to worry me, moments later I got extremely dizzy and felt as if I was going to pass out... I stammered into my room and sat / laid down I don't even remember but within a few minutes my erection started to go down a little bit and I stopped feeling as dizzy and light headed. Since then I've been trying to get the foreskin back over the head but it's as if it shrunk or it's being rolled over, or something because it won't go all the way back around it, and now it's also starting to peel back down but not all the way, it just slowly creeps to right before the head starts... I've read so many different stories and so many different explanations but I'm confused and very frightened right now, and I'm in a panic as I don't know what to do. It feels as if it's possible the skin could be rolled over itself on the way up but I'd have to peel it far back to do that and I don't want to damage or mess with anything until I know what to do... when I pull it all the way up it doesn't completely cover the head. This all happened about three hours ago I can't seem to find a solution, although the head did shrink back down, I'm not certain if it's the flaccid size but I'd say it was if I had to guess... If anyone can help I'd be so appreciative as I'm in such a panic I don't know what to do and I'm extremely embarrassed about this situation to tell anyone... =========== That was yesterday, about 30 hours ago. Now the foreskin is about 80-90% up the head, it's quite sensitive on my boxers and it's not used to it, I'm fearing if the circulation was cut i keep reading about that, but I've been able to urinate 5 times since then with zero pain, I can still feel the head when I touch it, the color tone seems to be normal, although the rim of the head was purpleish last night (it was the first time I had ever seen it, don't know if it's still like that - little worried to check) but only on the rim. Let me know what you guys think, will this go back to normal? Someone on reddit said if it's rolled it can un-roll over night when the body is relaxed in sleep.. I'm hoping that's the case. I've felt this sort of semi-rolled foreskin issue before but it was after masturbation and both times I had finished, this time I have not. If anyone knows anything at all, please let me know! also if you're certified in anything please tell me in your reply, those comments make me feel so much better, but if not it's fine. Thx, Pepper

Hi Pepper,

Since your foreskin is almost all the way back you probably don't have paraphimosis.  With the color being good it is unlikely there is a circulation problem.

If you leave it alone it will probably come back over your glans fully shortly.

It is normal for the glans to be very sensitive at first.  It's been covered and ins't used to being touched.  Eventually it will.

Keep working on stretching it.  You're getting close.

Good luck.

That sounds exactly like what used to happen to me when I was a teen. But it never caused me to panic to the point of almost passing out. I think you've been reading too many scare stories on the internet.

Due to masturbating mine would sometimes get stuck behind the head. If I tried to roll it back it would roll over itself and not go all the way back leaving part of the head exposed. I could force a finger inside to grab it and pull it back over but that was quite uncomfortable, even painful, and would leave it sore afterward. Usually I just left it alone and went to sleep for the night. In the morning it was quite often back in place as if nothing had happened but sometimes it would be only part way having left part of the head exposed all night.

I think you have already discovered that it does no harm so you really have nothing to worry about except the discomfort. I discovered that the dried exposed part was less sensitive after being out all night and could tolerate being touched which I soon found was quite pleasurable so I began making that happen on purpose for my own fun.

So I should just leave it and hope it returns in my sleep? It's been almost 48 hours since this happened it's not fully over the head still but it's getting closer.. i think it just needs to unroll but im having trouble doing it myself it's quite uncomfortable lol.

I was told on some other forum that if I don't squeeze the gland and pull the skin myself i'll need to get it cut off? so confused, so much different advice not sure what to do <_<

- Also I see all your badges, are you a medical professional?

So this could turn out to be a blessing? I've noticed I've lost a bit of sensitivity on the head since it's been more exposed but the tip still is sensitive when rubbing against my boxers :|

I think Dan is a medic, I'm just an old guy who's been around a lot of years and experienced most of the things guys ask about here. We've both been around here for a few years. I decided to become active when I read so many questions from young guys who were really worried about things that were happening to them that I just considered a normal part of growing up. Of course we didn't have the internet when I was living through it so I couldn't really ask anyone. Maybe it was better that way when I read all the misinformation that gets spread about. I do feel that some of it is intentional coming from people who like to scare you and some comes from guys who just don't know any better.

I've learned many of us have intentionally desensitized our glans because it was such a bother being so sensitive. That's why I did and I've never regretted doing it. Actually I'm happy I did because it made masturbation much more pleasurable for me, being able to rub my bare glans. But that is a personal preference and you may not want to.

Njoynlife is right. There is a lot of misinformation out there, a lot of it will scare you. The other big issue is that guys don't usually talk to other guys about their penises.

What you're going through is very common. The skin has been a bit traumatized by getting pulled back - it's OK that it happened. The skin will recover shortly.

Hope it helps.

Sensivitity to me is quite a bother too, im kind of glad it's less sensitive now, but i'm still troubled with the immediate problem. I need to find a way to stop worrying and let it just happen, I'm just scared it's going to need to be amputated or something or the foreskin will need to be cut off, i keep reading such horrible things lol

As far as it getting stuck back there I stretched mine by putting my little fingers in the opening in the shower and pulling apart to stretch it. It doesn't work over night and takes weeks or months to get it loose enough but that is worth it to.

I've never heard of anyone needing any sort of amputation and I think whatever/whoever gave you that idea was trying to scare you. Seriously, you are reading too many scary stories.

Could you please tell exactly how did your condition resolve? I hv a similar condition and wd like to know.

How much time.does it take??