I'm 25 and I've been smoking weed off and on for 13 years but daily 2-3 blunts a day for the past year. I quit smoking 29 days ago and am experiencing high blood pressure (140+), night sweats (soaking the pillow), and weight loss. My doc just prescribed me meds to take for the high blood pressure. Must be a common thing.

You are definitely not alone, I went from my usual 138/80 to 180/100. Didnt tell doctor about mj use for obvious reasons but he immediately put me on bp meds. Still kinda high 130-150 range but not dangerous levels.

Studies show MJ stays in your system for 30 days or more. For side effects beyond that I would be searching for other causes.

Im just opposite...after 3 weeks of not smoking, my BP drops to where as i get massive headaches. Anyone else?

I have also had hypertension 210/140 originally after quitting mj, had a trip to the hospital and put on ramapril and amlodipine, blood pressure started to normalise now after 4 months of cessation to mj and cigs also

I developed hypertension after quitting also. I’m at 6 weeks and the doctor just prescribed amlodipine....

How you feeling now ?
Is your hypertension gone or not ?
Please update.

same here.
37 days in.
terrible headaches.
and high blood pressure

I'm having it too 15 days and my blood pressure won't go down.....

I Too Was In Great Health Before I Quit Smoking*I Smoked Marijuana For 15+Years Regularly & Quit To Have A Baby*Once I Quit My Health Began To Deteriorate Rapidly*I Went From Completely Healthy No Health Issues Ever In My Life For 31Years To Preeclampsia, Hypertension, Weight Gain, Yeast Issues, A Thyroid Condition, Insomnia & Now Even Diabetes*I'm Sure Quitting Smoking Pot Can't Be The Root Of All These Issues, But Literally Was Healthy As Could Be When Choosing To Start A Family With No Risky Behavior During Pregnany Even Taking Necessary Precaution's Possible To Ensure A Healthy Pregnancy & Baby & Yet Only 2Months After Quitting & Trying To Get Pregnant The Weight Gain Began Which Didn't Bother Me Since I Was Planning On Baby ASAP & It Wasn't Enough Weight To Be Concerned & Then 5Months Into My Pregnancy The Preclampcia Kicked In, I Had A Emergency CSection @ 31Weeks & Was Diagnosed With Hypertension Then As Described Above EveryThing Else Fallowed*I Am Obviously More Concerned Than Ever For My Health As At 32 With A New Born Who Is The Most Wonderful Gift From God I Have & Will Ever Recieve I Just Want To Do EveryThing Possible To Get Healthy & Be Around As Long As Possible For Him*So I Guess My Curiosity Lies With...Considering This All Began Immidiatly Following My Sobriety From Marijuana, Is It Possible That This Is The Cause Of My Symptoms & If So Can Marijuana Inevitably Be The Madicinal Cute & Has This Kind Of Situation Been An Issue For AnyOne Else Or Just Me*

Cure Not Cute BTW Stupid Autocorrect*

Marijuana withdrawal. I am a 35 year old female. Started smoking at 34 for about a year and a half. In the beginning I was only smoking mid about 2 blunts a day for about 6 months. Eventually, I started smoking more and my hubby switched to loud. So, I went mid to loud about 3 blunts a day. About 15 months into my new habit funds were very low so couldn't afford to keep up with the habit went cold turkey for about 4 days feeling really funny went ro CVS checked blood pressure it was 159/96 never had a problem with blood pressure before. Being the hypochondriac that I am I went to the ER there my BP was 144/88. So I was prescribed lisinopril/hctz 10-12.5 mg. Fast forward a week after that tightness of chest, high blood pressure, and lack of sleep went back to ER. DR.'s did a work up MRI, X-ray, monitoring, and blood work. They couldn't find anything wrong. However, I was referred to a Cardiologist he didn't see anything to be concerned about. So, I went to my family who preformed a stress test couldn't find nothing. At this point my BP was stabilized 109/76 I took myself off the medication after 6 days. Fast forward began to feel better very slowly within 3 weeks my symptoms was beginning to dissipate. Well, had a few drinks with the Hubby within 3 days my anxiety, panic attacks, light headedness, chest pains, high blood pressure came back. I forgot to nention I smoked for 5 days straight well I would hit the roaches in the ashtray. Stopped cold turkey again. 2nd time quitting. 3.5 weeks clean again my symptoms are worst than ever. Lightheadedness, dizziness, anxiety, panic attacks, chest pain tightness, and sore chest pain, and I can't forget the elevated BP, can't forget the irritability and digestive issues(constipation). My question when will this go away. Do I have to deal with High blood pressure forever??? Please any advice is greatly appreciated.

I started a BP med (Hytrin 1mg) 4 days ago... for BPH... stopped smoking MJ same time so I could see the effect of the med... my usually normal BP spiked to 137/85... looks like this is common, after reading the helpful comments... I hate to think what it would be without the BP med! Since I didn't plan on quitting MJ permanently... I am going to re-start it tonight... hope my BP will get back to normal FAST!!

i just went for a drug test and failed, stopped smoking for a week and was a daily heavy smoker before that. my blood pressure reading was 160/98 real high would this have relation to me cutting out the weed? have been sweating real heavy at night for the past week

I never thought this was possible, but now think that quitting weed, after years of very light use... it DID effect my BP... however, it may also, in my case. be partially due to the BP med I was put on 5 days ago... also, I noticed that even a glass of iced tea triggered the BP spike, but only since the BP med... so maybe taper WAY down on any caffeine at all. I took a Xanax (alprazolam) and it REALLY helped/// I am going to ditch the new BP med... and cut way back on the caffeine.

Hope this helps you, and good luck!