https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3045206/

Happening to me right now... I'm going back on the weed asap and IF I decide to ever quit, will do so VERY gradually... GL to you!

Update... it was NOT the BP med or the caffeine... ti WAS the withdrawal from marijuana, period. I started smoking again and my BP returned to normal in less than 24 hours...

IF I ever quit... very gradually is the way... maybe with some CBD oil or paste...

i am experiencing the same thing my blood pressure went up to 189/115
im on week 3 without marijuana i use to smoke to grams a day ... im getting panic attacks and anxiety wich is even getting my blood pressure worse i hope it will pass soon ..

You might try taking magnesium, or increasing what you take... you need at least 400mg daily, maybe 600 for the first couple of weeks, magnesium chloride is best, magnesium citrate or glycinate are fine. Helped me. Add Niacinamide for anxiety... take dosage recommended on the bottle. Valerian root helps too.

If you have to... go back on the weed, but get off slowly... reducing the amount smoked daily a little, then go every other day, then one of three... etc... makes getting off easier. GL to you!

I'm relieved to see so many others with same symptoms!

Used cannabis oil for about 3 years and also smoked a bit. Took many breaks when the foggy brain got a bit irritating.  Every time I stopped for more than a week my blood pressure spiked. 

Saw a doctor but just fell in trap of them pushing their hypertension drugs. These meds soon had me in ER with blood pressure 210/110. I took waterpil, Prexum+ and calcium blocker. One doctor prescribed Urbanol that actually helped a bit but not when I got severe HBP spike. Eventually found out that beta blocker did the trick but these meds have worse side effects than cannabis! 

After reading up a lot and trying out many things I conclude that stopping cannabis cold turkey results in type of anxiety attacks that spike adrenaline and that's why beta blocker works well. It's my humble theory that the THC that got stored in your fat is so pure/potent that when it is realeased after you stop taking natural cannabis that also contains CBD that counteracts THC, you get these unusual panic attacks.

What I've noticed is that BP is ok after I wake up until about 9am when it goes up and then goes down again when the sun sets. This aparently co-incides with your cortisol level cycle. Anyone else experience the same?

I've stopped weed for a month now and feel like shjit! Brain fog, feel dizzy, ringing ears from beta blocker etc etc. What I found that helps a bit is L-Arginine, magnesium, coconut oil.

Recently started taking GABA that is supposed to reduce anxiety attacks so will see how that goes. Also started meditating which is good anyway.

Has anyone tried to take pure CBD oil during withdrawal?

I am 57 and have been smoking for years - the past 10 years pretty steady (every day after work to ‘decompress’). I had decided earlier this year to quit and stopped for 3 mos. The side effects were typical - nightmares during the first week. By the way, pot is a dream killer so i started dreaming again or at least recalling them. High bp as well. I went on vacation and relapsed.
Last month I decided to quit for good.
My bp is high - 148/98. I feel like c**p - I get fatigued after a few hours of mild exercise. My body feels shot. I am dreaming again but i wake up with a headache and very foggy.
I have read post acute recovery will take 2 years to fully detox. I do not want to get bp meds - I have been on them before and they usually have other side effects (weight gain being one of them).
I am considering talking with the Dr though to see if they have experience in this area. It sucks to have gotten this far into mj addiction, but I am committed to getting off of it.

Pleases know there are many natural substances that will help lower BP quickly and naturally, and help tremendously in this situation. Potassium is #1. Avoiding sodium is really about low potassium levels, as they work in tandem. Buy Bulk Supplements Potassium Citrate (available on Amazon) so you get a reasonable dose. You can take .5 tsp at a time. Increasing gradually, more than one dose per day is fine. The body requires approximately 4,700 mg per day, most people are severely deficient. Also, magnesium, preferably orotate for cardiovascular benefits. Other types of mag are fine, but not oxide, which is c**p. Herbal supplements help tremendously. Olive Leaf extract is great. Celery seed extract also. Some products combine these. Hawthorn berry extract helps but doesn't last as long (maybe 4 hours). Amino acid supplements are also helpful.
L-theanine, sublingual GABA, and even L-tryptophan can help balance out what is missing from the previous cannabis use. These all combined will lower BP within the first day, often within hours. No need to let it get dangerously high. Also, sugar, particularly fructose (and most dangerously, High-fructose corn syrup) will raise BP significantly and should be avoided. Lower sugar intake, increase healthy fats like butter and olive oil and high quality omega 3 fish oil (keep it refrigerated or it goes rancid fast) also help. So do enzymes like bromelain. These thin the blood and let it flow more freely, lowering BP. If you do all these things, your BP will not spike.