I am 24 years old and have been smoking pot since 14 with a heavy addiction from about 18 years of age,from 18 - 22 i spent £230 a week on green and solid and smoked the lot,i have never been without pot for one day since.Now its monday and i have bunked off work again,boss going mad coz ive been off for nine days.my pot addiction gives me a bad stomach so ive been really ill lately,i have always worked,i have an ok job and have cut down considerably now to £50 a week,but only coz im falling behind with bills,MJ now dominates my life.I need it to wake,i need it to sleep,i need it to work.just before xmas my beautiful girl left me and i was gutted.we'd just got a house together,i wanted to marry her and maybe have kids in the future,i know she wanted kids,we'd been together 7 and a half years,she was my life,i never cheated,and never even raised my voice to her,i loved her so much.she blamed the weed,said i was unresponsive,always moody, never spent time with her i was always smoking.When i came home that night all her stuff was gone,our room was empty.Thats when it hit me.i was still stoned from my way home from work,she said id given her endless promices to give up da 'erb ,but i didnt remember,i spent both our £ on weed so i can smoke it at home.she had asthma so i promiced to not smoke it in the house,we chose a house with a garage so i could convert it to a smoke room.before i knew it i was spending 3 hours a night getting mash up in the shack,either alone or with my smoke mates.finally she came home,and just flipped.When i first smoked pot it was great! no doubt.i felt like a god,i could laugh at life and its silly problems.i didnt start because my dad is an alcoholic(he is).i didnt start because i got bullied at school (witch i did) i smoke because i liked the feeling.i got away from mainstream.i listen to heavy metal.f**k the man and all that sh**! I hate weed.....because i like weed.i want to get off it.....but i want a spliff. im now 24 and i am a depressed,miserable person who does n't want to out.always have headaches,numbness,suicidal thoughts,especially when she left,(to the point of some guy having to save me from a bridge on the A428)i always kept well away form other drugs except for shrooms when i was 14.i promiced my girl you know? lately ive been smoking heavily again,it makes me happy...but pisses me off.In the last 2 months i've been out on a methadrone binge,whilst on vodka.i snorted too much ketamine and thought i was dead and have been doing it on and off.got more mushrooms.i got major drunk on black absyinthe while smoking pot.i now smoke in the living room.Im running out of money slowly coz i cant get up for work and keep phoning in sick.i dont clean the house ect.ect... i keep telling myself im gonna quit da 'erb..then i skin up a joint.sometimes i cry when im halfway down it coz i dont want to smoke it anymore and im having terrible thoughts,usually about death,not always me,maybe my mother or future girlfriend.my mind spins out of control,i think of loved ones dying.but i cant put it down.i never leave a joint till later.i sometimes have a beer first to maximise effect.when i used to smoke it made me happy and laughable and spiritual.untill about 3 or four years ago i noticed me getting more and more stressed.i smash things up when they dont work,i talk to myself as if there were two people in the room.i drive like a twat,i constantly smoke and drive,i used to drink and drive alot,i nodded off at the wheel after smoking a joint and nearly killed my mate,wrote off a car and done a runner(we were both ok).ive stole for my addiction,i stole off my own grandad to get an emergency bag of weed.i cant socalise, i cant chat to women because im so paranoid and self concious. Im not trying to say my problems are worse,i just want to share with people who are going through the same sort of thing.i dont want to ''talk to frank'' i dont want to read a stupid leaflet that only makes me feel worse and i dont want to talk to some washed out old hippy who thinks he knows the sh**.i feel im on an uncontrollable path to destruction. weed is not good for everyone,weed is fun ,all drugs can be fun.IN MODERATION. just like everything can be abused.i need to quit the weed for good but cant see my life without it.i dont want to lose my house aswell.i do love my life and have fun,but cant get rid of this overwhelming obsession to skin up every minuite of the day. thank you for reading.im sorry im in a dark place.i cant seem to get out of.

dude i do the same amount of smoking can get through over an ounce a week but still running my self employed buisness and relationship and house easily! Man up destruction is the road to creation my brother

judging by your appoach, tone, and coclusion, why are you posting here? doesnt sound like you want help...weed is very different from shrooms, hard liquor, and ketamine (wow, ur a total druggie not a pot smoker). you need to change your attitude and grow a pair you created this for yourself you are in way to deep...man-up before you become a bum man.

Every word you have written is the same story as mine and every other addict in the world...some stories are worse,some are a bit easier to stomach. Bottom line is;we are all here to support you if you want to let go of that "BAG OF WEED" or "JOINT" between your fingers. I THINK YOU KNOW WHERE "WE" are if you want to find "us",right? I believe almost everyone that is in your position,hanging on by a thread,feeling like they are completely alone and everyone they know has given up on them,knows that this is the LAST STEP-NOW you make the most diffucult choice-LEFT OR RIGHT-STAY OR GO?keep smokingkeep drinking-keep using-OR FINALLY JUST GET CLEAN!!
SO,WHAT WILL YOU DO?? YOU ARE IN YOUR FINAL MOMENT~THIS IS IT~ IT'S FOR YOU!!

I am 19 years of age

(Never would do meth, pcp, herion, ketamine nothing completely retarded)

I had been smoking pot since about 15 or so. I smoked a ***t ton in between that short time-span. I just recently stopped doing just about everything I had done continually. I stopped smoking Cigs and weed aswell as drinking large amounts of cough syrup (pretty hooked for a short time), doing whip its, maybe a pill here or there. All accomplished in about 4 months.

I "experimented" with alot of drugs in high school and continuing into my first year of collage. I've smoked DMT (the most potent Hallucinogen out there) a frequent number of times. I used to be big into stimulants in High School, Mainly Adderall got hooked on those pretty bad (about 120 mgs each day no script.) I tried coke in that time span. Whilst doing this I smoked weed on a very, very, very, frequent basis. I ended up dropping out after the second semester failing 3 out of my 4 classes, which is funny considering in high school I had a 3.7. But yeah sh*t went downhill afterthat to say the least.

I continued to smoke pot, hung out with friends with no aspirations, most drop outs themselves who smoked pot EVERYDAY with me. Life at home started sucking, I worked (still there currently) at a c**p job, making a little above min. Only getting about 32 hours a week. Paying rent, paying the phone bill and car insurance and still blowing everything away on drug related ventures. It started sucking, I began to despise everything, I became a shut in for a little, only going to party's at SWIMS house. I felt as if I had nothing else to put forth except rot at my job and wait for the world to end, I didn't want to go back to school or anything I had no idea what i wanted to do...

Then just fairly recently i had enough of it. I just wanted to be done with everything I just wanted to start my life. Get going, get out in the world there is more to it then a bowl pack, a pill and a video game, I can get so much more out of myself. I can find joy without drugs I can be happy and do somthing that matters. I started working out alot, Got husky as hell. I started using the patch and threw away all of my pieces. With my mind clear I could finely think of my future and from what I can tell it looks alright.

After a few months out of college I pinpointed my life's path, I wanted to join the military. It was always something I wanted to do, the thought lingered through my mind heavily in High School, but my parents insisted I try college first. I didn't want to disapoint them so I did, I did well first semester, second semester not so much. My mind always went to enlisting. It's all I wanted to do but everybody seemed so unsuportive, Parents(not unsupportive in a sense but scared sh**less to say the least) co workers, friends and even teachers. So I stayed on my horrible path.

About three months ago I met with an Army Recruiter, After about 2 additional months of cutting weight I went to MEPS to take my ASVAB aswell my physical. I signed the papers to uncle same and awaiting to depart to bct at Ft. Benning.

11b Infantry
Suck on that doubters

Your Friend, Anon

It sounds like you may have serotonin deficiency syndrome. What cannabis does is give you a brief boost of serotonin (a brain chemical that regulates your mood and sleep) every time you smoke a joint. Now your natural serotonin levels are depleted and you "need" that boost from the cannabis just to feel normal. If you take 100-200 mg of 5HTP, about 30-45 minutes before bedtime, it will balance out your mood and help you sleep properly. For the stomach problems, try some ginger (raw is best, but ginger tea is good too).
If you see a doctor, be sure he will prescribe you an SSRI (selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor) such as Zoloft or Prozac. I HIGHLY recommend you stay away from these drugs, as they will eventually make your serotonin deficiency symptoms worse.

You just need to read the bible here & there :)

dude you just gotta manage it, it's really all in your head, nothing physical, I say if I were you dude, take a few days off work and don't smoke, just relax, or try and keep yourself to one bowl and get off it if its such a problem .. I'm 15 years old, smoke weed pretty much every day, go through about a Q a week and keep a 87% average in academic, honestly dude I'm a 15 year old kid .. You need to stop blaming your laziness on weed, take some ownership and grow up man ..

your 15 you dont have any responsibilities this niggas talkin about holdin up a house and insurance bills you got no idea buddy enjoy high school while it last it only gets harder

ya he might be in high school but the said he has an 87% average he's getting his stuff done

Greetings,

If youre still alive by the time you get this post, then good, it's been years, and if you're still abusing so many drugs by that same time, then seek the best rehab you can find TODAY. There are countless drug and alcohol interactions that will make you deathly sick, or simply kill you. Quite frankly I'm surprised you created so many toxic cocktails, and didn't expect such negative results. However, I'm not surprised that you're past experience or current circumstances led you to believe abuse would make things better. Everyday millions of people risk their lives by gambling with substance abuse, surviving, then dying at the mercy of a substance in hand or bloodstream. I hope you have found good advice, better yet an answer to a problem. I hope this has been helpful to you or anyone else with a similar struggle. 

Respectfully... 

Seek God. I like weed, but you should show down. Talk to God about your problems he listens.

ok thanks hommie

when First I smoke weed, I thought it's not addictive but I was totally wrong