Khalid also I'm A muslim from the Middle East. In some cases it is forbidden. And I believe posting a topic like that which related to religious here is not that helpful because it is a health forum. If u want more information u can use google or i can help u !!!

I am Arabic girl and I would like to help !!

thank you 4 ur time khalid... 8-|

hi yes it is a sin it maybe hard to control but the lust can be tamed. when u get an urge find something else to do like go to the movie, hangout with friends, or have fun with ur family. It is a sin becuz we are never supposed waste our sperm. every time we masterbate we kill hundreds of babies. on the day of judgement all ur deeds will be revealed to the all mighty allah u will have no control ur mouth wont speak only ur body parts will. just wait till u get older fall in love with some one, marry them and make love it will be a much better feeling and u wont feel any guilt at all. hpe this helps someone

The answer to your question is yes. Masterbation is strictly forbiden in islam and if you are unsure about his or any one who thinks that there is no proof about it mentionded in the quran or the prophet (peace be upon him) should see this website it includes many quotes and description about masterbation in islam

Hello There,

With all do respect to everyone who participated in this discussion, I would like to outlined something to my Muslim brothers:

Allah is the only one who knows if this is "halal" or "haram", and no one should say "Harram" or "Halal" unless he has a correct proof from Quraan and Sunah of such a thing.

If you have a question or you are seeking help, ask the creator for help, support and guidance, and he will guide your hart and mind to the right direction.

May allah answer all your prayers.

Thanks.

I am a proud muslim and i would like to add that materbating is harom mainly because it leads you to think bad thoughts of women as well as ecxreting reproductive cells which are not used. However ask a knowledged muslim man such as a sheikh rather than the internet because i for one am not sure.

I understand where peachybum is coming from however in islam a muslim should restrain from masterbation and should try his utmost to prevent this filthy act. In order to do so try to keep a fast this will help keep you occupied also try to read the Quran more often. You should also do alot more excersize may allah give you the will to stop.

There are actaually many refs in Quran. U just need to search. And the reason it is haram is that when u masterbate u watch porn and think dirty and a famous quote can answer ur question. "What u think again and again, becomes what u believe. What u believe again and again, becomes what u do. ". I would suggest u a thorough research on this.

Nabi (Sallallaahu Álayhi Wasallam) said, 'Seven persons are such that Allah will not look at them on the Day of Qiyaamat nor will He purify them nor will He include them among the learned and Allah will enter them into Jahannam. They will enter Jahannam first except for those who repent. As those who repent Allah will accept their repentance.

1.A person who masturbates.
2.A person who performs the act of sodomy.
3.The person upon whom the act of sodomy is performed.
4.A perpetual drunkard.
5.The person who hits his parents so much that they appeal for help.
6.The person who harms his neighbors so much so that they curse him.
7.The person who commits adultery with his neighbor's wife.

A narration attributed to Anas ibn Malik reports:
“ Rasulullah (Sallallaahu Álayhi Wasallam) said, 'The person who performs Nikah with his hands (i.e. masturbates) is cursed. ”

A narration attributed to Sa'id ibn Jubayr reports:
“ Rasulullah (Sallallaahu Álayhi Wasallam) said, 'Allah Taãla will inflict a punishment on a group of people because they played with their private parts.'

to be honest i am confused even more

As Slam Khalid,

Hope you are find, My brother let me tell you the real fact, these people who are writing for you that go for its, its your life do what you want the are actually lacking of knowledge that this life is by Allah as a gift to us and we have to fallow his orders if we want to be successful here and after this world. Actually these guys are addicted of this act (Masturbating) and the even want to live if but they can not. If you know them personally they will be crying but they do not have control on them self to live this habit now.

Telling you a simplest way to be perfect Allah Pak has blessed human being with the scenes that we can deiced from or internal thinking about every deed we did that its rite or wrong. As if you help an old man your internal thought will say you (Good man you have done a good deed and you will be satisfied) but if you will do some thing wrong you will feel it your self, live all those things from which its built in you that its wrong, do not go against that, then you will be successful always,

Love you,
contact me any time for any thing,
***this post is edited by moderator *** *** private e-mails not allowed **
Please read our Terms of Use

I'm a muslim and all I can tell you is I had the same question when I was ur age, but everyone answers differently so decide for yourself and you'll find out on judgment day, I feel like all Mullah's, priests change a religion to their liking, in all religions, so Think about what you are doing, in my point of view it is ok to do because it keeps me from intercourse.

thank you thank you thank you thank yoooou!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i cant tell you haw much this helped i didnt masterbade for so long since ppl tell me its haraam!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Since we ARE talking about masturbation and islam so openly, i'd like to know if the same rules apply to females? cuz now a days its just as common for a girl to get marries very late, and so more and more women are opting to masturbation. I, myself prefer to build my career and perhapr marry in my late 20s or early 30s. So, in such cases, is masturbation forgiveable?

what if u tried to stop but the next thing u know u4 fingre is up some ones vigina?

Hi Khaled,

I am muslim and i wanted to tell you, even if what they said about masterbating is true, there is an unknown reason for masterbating to be haram, atleast unknown for some people but all our scholars agree that it is a cause of many diseases and sexual weaken.

i mean no offence to people here and i respect all religions but khaled, you shouldn't be asking this question here since you know it is haram at all times (yes its haram at all times) in your religion, the quran doesn't say it but prophet mohammed pbuh says (Five god doesnt look at them on the day of judgement...) and he mentioned (and the one who have sexual intercourse with his hands) meaning (masterbating) in arabic called (Al 'Ada Al Serya) it was mentioned in the hadith (Nake'h Yadi'h) Nake'h means Sexual Intercourse/marriage and Yadi'h means His Hands

What you say may be true but we muslims should have faith that whatever god or prophet mohammed pbuh forbidds for us we should faithfully obey even if its unknown because god is miraculous.

as for the muslim who said it is only haram because its unclean, my brother as for the hadith above all muslim scholars from all the muslim world agree for it as haram at all time just like having sexual intercourse without marriage and drinking alcohol/alcoholic beverages,rape and homosexuality, and this is a proof from Sunna (hadiths of prophet mohammed pbuh), if you say its only haram because its unclean there is no proof from Quran or Sunna to possibly prove it.

i don't want to argue really but thats what we muslims believe in our religion, everything god forbidds is behind a reason, such as in islam you shouldn't have tattoos, because the ink causes harm to blood vessels or you shouldn't nip your eyebrows because it may be risk to several diseases that are proven such as blinding and harms eye nerves, or you shouldn't eat pork because it is a dirty animal that eat poops and has worms in its flesh that cause diseases.