I am currently on 17 mls of methadone, down from 130 mls 2 years ago. Am currently dropping 1 ml a month. Has anyone gone down to 1 ml then quit methadone? Would it be better to do this or switch to Suboxone and taper it?

I tell you they don't tell us the side affects when they give us medication. Methadone is harder to detox from than herion. it stays in your bones for a good 10 years. I will not take anything untill I know the side effects. my doctor put me on methadone I refused to take it. I reccomend changing pain meds when you stop the methadone. You may feel side veffects for months they lesson over time. It's so hard when you are in chronic pain not to become dependant on pain meds. I have 2 implants a pump that pumps medication directly into my spinal fluid and a stimmulator attached to nerve sets and sends electric impluses into nerve groups. Befor had my implants I was in bed all the time. good luck and God Bless :'(