has anyone had an ablation because of heavy, prolonged bleeding, and had a mirena iud inserted as well? My Dr. says this will stop the bleeding 100 %.....

are you having non stop bleeding? I have had non stop bleeding for almost 8 months now and my doc said something about that but right now she has me on birth control pills to try to get the bleeding under control. she asked me if i wanted the ring inserted to possibly stop bleeding and i told her no.

Yes I had both (IUD in Dec) and ablation, D&C, fibroid removal done on Feb 9 (IUD put back in after procedure). How are you now? I am very curious as I do not see very many other people mentioning that they have both. I am still left with lots of bloating and mild cramping but am less than 2 weeks post op. I am curious to know how you were as I see your post is old now. Any advice?

Hello, I also just had this procedure and the IUD inserted 2 weeks ago and find very little on the Internet about both. how are you doing now? Please reply as I'm finding it a rare situation which is concerning.

I had both done in Aug 2012 and haven't had any bleeding as of now.

wow nothing on the net about this/ i had the ablation done last yr. and thinking about the iud now as a birth control... im 36 and newly seperated... cant go down that road...lol i am afraid of the side affects tho of the iud.. anthing you gals can tell me. i dont have much break thru bleeding now. not much cramping @ all its been wonderful... sont wanna mess anything up ya know.. thanks ladies...

Hi Kn, It's been almost 5 months now with no side effects whatsoever but both of mine were done at the same time. No bleeding anymore at all, it is wonderful! :) AS

If u dont mind me asking what iud did u go with?

It was the mirena.

Hey AS- well my doc gave me that 1 and the para gard n that 1 is a non hormone. I am a smoker n 36. N i have lost weight n not looking to gain any of it back bc of the side affects ya know... I just dont know what 1 to go with not much on the net about what this is about. N the docs just $ from our ins companys either way so im bitter that way... Hahah

I see, I don't know much about the para gard but I have not gained any additional weight since my procedure. I am 40 and do not smoke, I hope that helps you decide. I actually think that my moods have leveled out as well...couldn't be happier with the result as my heavy periods were very debilitating.. I now feel free of it all. :)

Well that does help- i like that ur moods leveled out hahaha.... May help me too... Lol the one u picked is the one i think i may go with only bc there is more research on it i feel safer. Thank u so much for ur input... Much needed

Hi there,

I'm scheduled to have the endometrial ablation and Mirena put it in at the same time. I'm really nervous about the whole thing and have read too many negative reviews on both procedures. Can you please tell me if you experienced any other effects immediately following the procedure? Any guidance would be appreciated!

Hi 1972,
I had both done in Oct 2012 and have had no negative side effects at all really. No weight gain, no periods (at all) and wonder why I never had it done sooner. The first couple weeks I did have a couple very slight headaches but nothing that an ibuprofen couldn't handle and I understood that my body was just adjusting to the IUD. I could tell the headaches were getting weaker and after the first couple weeks subsided completely. Since then, no problems and I am very active (run half marathons) so just love that those nasty periods are no longer an issue.

I know before I had my procedure I was surprised to not find much on getting both done so I hope that I have helped calm your nerves a little bit. :) AS

Thanks so much for your reply! I was getting closer to postponing the procedure due to my nervousness. I guess I will go ahead and just get it over with and hope for a great result. Thank you! :)