i had a miscarriage the first week of january. and its now march 18th and i have yet to have a period. is this normal? i am young (25) and healthy. had a VERY regular period before this, and always have since i first started having periods.... and everything i read says you should have a cycle within 3 to 9 weeks..... and if you were regular before you usually bounce back quick etc etc.

anyone else not had a period for almost three months after a miscarriage? should i be concerned that something else is wrong?

i called my doc and she said to wait another month and see if i have one? should i can a different doctor?

It depends on how far along you were in your pregnancy. And no, seeing another doctor will likely not change the fact that it's unpredictable. Hormones go haywire during and after a miscarriage, so it's possible your body is taking some extra time to get back on track. If you are not ill, experiencing fever, or other unusual symptoms, your doctor will suggest that you wait and see because there is no indication something is wrong.
If you were far along in your pregnancy (I was 18 weeks and required D and C) it will take longer to recover.
If you started to try again right after, it's possible you are pregnant again, but waiting and seeing is the best course of action because it's possible, though unlikely, you could have a false positive on a pregnancy test if you were to take one now.
I was 18 weeks when I lost my baby on December 10th, and my first period started yesterday - the 15th of March. Remember, the figures you find are averages - the middle of the curve.

YES definitly get a second opinion that is AGONY! I am older than you and I was normal .. however I had a miscarriage in march my first period came 6 weeks after the DNC and now I have not had a period in almost 6 weeks.. I am not pregnant ( I took a test) but I called my doctor and she wants me to come in right away.. Please get another opinion and good luck

I had my miscarrage in spring 2012 i didn't start bleeding till the third month but it is october and i still hav'nt stop bleeding will my cycle ever go back to normal?