Hi, my little son has molluscum all over his torso. I don’t know what kind of disease is it, as it is very rare and I have not heard of it before. He sweats a lot during night, is it due to molluscum or is it something else?

Hi, I know that it is a very common virus similar to warts causing molluscum. Some children in my neighborhood had this condition. Some doctors say that it is spreading, but since it is not a real threat to the health they are not really worried. Although, it is not serious, still it can be a nuisance. From time to time, the spots are painful or irritating for children. It does not develop internally. The molluscum lesions appear on the skin as small flesh coloured or pink spots, and their size is a few millimeters. It is spread from skin to skin, and the lesions appear about two to eight weeks after that contact.