Hey everyone.

So, my sister called me today. She was freaking out. I was thinking that she is like this for no reason, but she was crying and talking something that I could not understand.

She is really emotional since she broke up with her boyfriend, and I was thinking that she called me to tell me some silly thing about it.

But, no, it was nothing like this.

Actually, she called me to say that her dog has swollen lymph nodes, and that some friend told her that this can be a sign of lymphoma in dogs.

Is this true?

What are your experiences about it?

Hello. Lymphoma is a type of cancer that originates in the lymphocyte cells, of your dog’s immune system. A type of white, blood cell, lymphocytes play very important role in the body’s’ defense. For example, enlarged lymph nodes are usually caused by some infections. In this case, vet will prescribe antibiotics for your dog, and they will wait for a few weeks, just to see what is going to happen. If you notice that nodes are the same, or worst, if they start to grow, I think that biopsy is something that your vet can do. That is all that I can tell you at this moment.

Hey there.

I am not familiar with it, at all… But, I really want to know a little bit about this subject.

So, I asked my dear friend about it, because she is studding to be a vet, and she knows a little bit about it.

If I remember well, enlarged lymph nodes can be a sign of lymphoma in dogs.

That is why you need to visit your vet.

If your dog is having those symptoms, such as weight loss, loss of appetite, vomiting, shortness of breath, diarrhea, increased thirst and urination, fever, etc – you should be worried.

I hope that this is not a diagnosis.

Hey you two, It is true that it can mean cancer, Love-is-pet, but again, not necessarily.

You can’t really know until you start to treat it. With this one it goes this way: First you treat the swollen lymph nodes, you can ask your vet to recommend you something for it, some oil or stuff like that. You need to use it for a period of time and see what happens. If the nodes don’t get any smaller, or they even get bigger, then “Houston, we have a problem”. Some other symptoms of lymphoma are fever, loss of appetite and weight loss. Your dog should be sweating a lot too if he has lymphoma.

Hey there.

I hope that you are doing fine.

Love is pet, it can be serious, but like other pet lovers told you, there is also a big possibility that this is nothing you should be worried about.

Before you start to freak out, please, visit the vet. We can help you with our advices, but we can’t tell you exactly is this cancer or not. First, I think that she needs to observe symptoms. If she notices that her dog is losing his weight, or that he has some difficulty in breathing, or if he is abnormally thirsty, it is time for an alarm!

Hey

Love is pet, are the swollen nodes the only thing different about her dog? Because if  they are, it’s almost certain that it’s not lymphoma. It would probably be just some sort of infection but there’s still a small reason to worry about. Although it happens rarely, those infections can get nasty, too. I’d really suggest paying your vet a visit. Now, on the other hand, what about other symptoms? Is he losing his weight these days? Vomiting, eating less than usual and drinking too much water? Those are the signs that would indicate that he has lymphoma. If she sees him breathing hardly or having diarrhea, then it’s got to be it.