hello my name is brooke and my 20 year old boyfriend drinks all the time this morning i found out that he got up got dressed and got a beer. he says that he works all day so he just wants to come home and go hang out with his buddies and "relax" sometimes he gets drunk and mean he has never hit me but he puts me down and yells sometimes he throws things. a few times he has gone off for hours at a time and twice he diddn't come home til later on the next day. i love him and just want to be with him but i don't know how much more drinking i can handle. is he an alcoholic? if so what can i do to help him?

Hi Brooke, it sounds like your boyfriend is an alcoholic. I am sure that you love him but if he throws things, yells at you, and puts you down, I suggest dumping him. He is being abusive, and you can always do better. As for getting better, it's up to him and unfortunately there's not much that you can say to help him get better. What do you think about that? Is that something you would want to do?