Our family has a history of high cholesterol, as well as obesity. My son is four years old at the moment and I do not want him to suffer from the same thing so many family members have gone through before him. I am sure that he is genetically prone to high cholesterol. Do you think I should already give him cholesterol lowering drugs?

Definitely not! If there is anything that you should do, it is testing your boy for high cholesterol. Having said that, high cholesterol problems don't usually happen in kids, and especially kids as young as your son. You should never give your child serious drugs without consulting a doctor, and if you think there is something wrong with him, take him to the peds. I am sorry to hear about your family history and I do understand you are worried bout your son, but don't experiment with drugs all by yourself as this can be very dangerous!

In my opinion you should not give lipid lowering drugs unless by blood test it is reveled that your son has high cholesterol and your doctor prescribes right drug in correct dose.