Hi, I need someones help with a question I have.
I'm 17 and when I'm not erect I can pull my foreskin back a lot farther than my glans and everything's fine, then when I am erect and I pull my foreskin back it gets to the end of the glans and gets behind it and wont go any further down. I don't really want to use this example but in porn all the guys with erections can pull their foreskins back a lot farther than the end of their glans and I can't and I'm starting to worry because I don't want to have my first time hurt. Do you think it just needs more stretching or could it be a problem with my frenelum (the thing that connects my glans with the foreskin at the bottom of the head)? I am worried that I might have to have one of those operations to make my frenelum be able to stretch further down, but would that still be the case if I can pull it down pretty far when not erect?

Please help.
Thanks in advance.

Hi Mikey,

If its your frenulum that is too short it should be quite obvious. Does it look as though your glans cannot fit through the opening in the foreskin or that the frenulum is holding it back?

Uh it's really hard to tell, when fully erect my foreskin on the top of my penis pulls back until just after my glans ends in that groove and won't go any further (Also I notice there's a lot of skin that collects there but it wont budge any further down), when looking at the frenelum on the underside it looks a bit tight but it goes a bit further (a quarter centimeter) down than the foreskin on the top side of my penis. I'm wondering if this is normal, measuring the length of my frenelum when I stretch it as far down as I can from it's about 3 centimeters until it separates and goes opposite ways.

I'm starting to get really worried I might need an operation.

Can you see the entire glans then when you retract when erect? If so then I would believe that you are already where you need to be. Bear in mind that in the porn industry most of the guys are circumcised.

If I've read it wrong let me know.

Oh because I can pull back my foreskin over my glans fully when erect it's just that it does not go as far as it does when not erect, is that normal?
I was under the impression my frenelum was too short because it looks like it's the only thing holding it back from going lower than the end of my glans.

As long as its not painful then your fine. The function of the frenulum is actually to stop the foreskin from retracting too far and to pull it back into place after. So yeh, you have nothing to worry about :-)