Recently, my vagina is sometimes red and irritated around the clit area. It is sometimes a little itchy and painful, even when I wash it. It has red lines that look like some type of cut but I definitly didn't cut myself. It doesnt smell or anything but its out of the ordinary. I have gone to the doctor recently for a pap smear and I came back negative for everything. Im hoping it is just a yeast infection but I have never had one. It also hurts sometimes when I have sex with my boyfriend which is out of the ordinary too. Any ideas?

If this is an on again off again issue maybe you are allergic to something.
Have you switched your body wash or laundry soap? Do your panties have a cotton crotch, as these are the best.
Sometimes if our jeans are to tight, they can rub down there making things sore and red.

I have the same kind of problem right now. I am sexually active but I have not had sex in over 2 weeks and it started less then a week ago. I did have a vaginal ultrasound only a few days prior because they thought my tubes were twisted. Could that be the cause? I'm really confused right now.

For 20 yrs I've had severe burning on the outside of my vagina, it gets so painful that I'm struck on the couch for days, sex is out of the question cuz the pauni is unreal, it hurts to wipe, I've had the first three layers of my skin burnt off with nitrous oxide, that's the only time I had any relief, it starts 5-7 days before my period , and lasts for 2-4 days after my period then it completely goes away, I've yet to find a doctor to figure out what's wrong with me, I went to Magee women's hosp I pittsburgh and they didn't have answers either, why don't gyn drs know what's wrong with us.. Does anyone have any answers

i get the same thing, before my period. i searched this, because i haven't gotten my period for this month yet and didn't pay attention to when my cycle ended last time.. i was nervous at first, but i feel the itchy irritation usually before i start, in the middle, and a little after i end my cycle. honestly, i think i'll be looking forward to my period within the next few days.. sorry, tmi, but thanks