Hi.  I am new to this forum. 
I was diagnosed with idiopathic pancreatitis 6 weeks ago.  I beleive my case was mild.  My Lipase was up tp 400 and amalyse 300.  I have had MRI, Catscan, Ultrasounds, MRCP, upper gi-endoscopy performed, etc.  And, have been told that there is no reason I got pancreatitis.  I've dealt with that but now, I am conintuing to lose weight. I lost 15 pounds while sick and have lost another 5 pounds.  I have had mroe blood work and scans done and no one seems to think there is reason to worry.  I have seen my pcp, surgeon and gastroenterologist. I am pain free... my amalayse level is back to normal and lipase is 70.  Any suggestions?  I also have night sweats.  Im just scared.

I also ws never provided a diet to follow after pancreatitis.  any suggestions?

I really feel for you because I am in the same boat except I have nausea too. I had my gallbladder removed on August 5th and have had bouts of severe nausea ever since. I have very little appetite most of the time and continue to lose weight. I was 118 to begin with and now weigh 103. this has been over five months. Do you have your gallbladder still? What were your symptoms with the pancreatitis?

I am 2 weeks out from the exact same dx. How are you doing now?

I am doing great now---no more nausea or stomach issues for the past five months---I am off all meds too----I feel so blessed because the six months I was sick were awful and scary---I hope you begin healing very soon....If you want to know the meds that were prescribed and which meade a diiference, I am happy to share that information---

bellco wrote:

Quote:

That is such great news as your description is almost exactly as mine. How long before the night sweats went away for you? And I would love to know the meds. Very glad that you are doing better.

That is such great news as your description is almost exactly mine. How long did you have the night sweats? And I would love to know the meds you were put on?

Quote:

bellco wrote:

Quote:

Night sweats went away after two months of being on bio-identical hormones---Nausea ans pain went away after being on liquid erythromycin for two months, 40 mg. protonix for four months 150 mg. zantac for three months (protonix in morning---zantac at night), vegetable based digestive enzymes with lunch and a probiotic with dinner----I am on no meds now for 5 months---

bellco wrote:

Quote:

bellco wrote:

Quote:

Thank you so much!