every morning i have terrible nausea, feel the need to empty bowels
and belching on and off through day also getting bad headaches , often have to go 2nd time to releave bowels.
i think perhaps i am hungry? so have a couple of biscuits , this takes the nausea away for a short while,about half hour, then i start feeling sick again. Have been taking omeprazole for a few years for acid reflux, am also taking Frusimide for fluid retention ( long term ) as i have Pulmonary Hypertension,(heart and lung problem ) My GP. is useless, so i am looking here for ideas as to my problems, could it be gallbladder or kidneys or liver ?

I've had similar problems for almost three years. Morning nausea in blocks of 3-4 mornings every 2-3 weeks. Bouts of belching that can go on for days then suddenly stop. Having to empty my bowels 2-4 times each morning. My GP is very good but is a bit baffled by the symptoms as I DON'T have any bloating, cramps or pain usually associated with these symptoms. I've had an abdomen scan, no gallstones and everything else appears normal. I've had blood tests for coeliac disease, kidney and liver function, hormone balance and electrolytes. I've also had a stool test for bacteria. All came back normal. I've just had a breath test for helicobacter pylori but not had the result yet. If positive, treatment is a 1-2 week course of omprazole and antibiotics. I'm booked in to see a consultant about an endoscopy, I'm not sure if it's going up, down or both yet!

I'm a 47 year old female with a reasonably healthy diet. Personally, I think it might be connected to peri-menopause as the nausea feels very much like pregnancy morning sickness and this explanation seems to make sense:-

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** web addresses not allowed***

My GP said that the hormone blood test results can vary depending on hormone fluctuations and unless I have it done when I have symptoms it possibly would come back normal. Maybe I should have it done when I'm having a nausea/belching episode.

Apologies, I didn't realise external links aren't allowed. Perhaps I can quote from the site:-

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** inappropriate posting*** Please read our Terms of Use

I have read your terms about linking to external web sites:-

"No posting of external links to irrelevant web sites."
"No posting of links, pictures, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, threatening, invasive of a person’s privacy or any other offensive content which is prohibited by any law."
"Do not discuss, suggest, engage, or encourage any illegal activity on the forums. Linking to locations that deal with any such activity is also forbidden."
"No web or email addresses in signatures, except you achieved a “global member” rank title (after 50 posts)."

I don't see how the web site I linked to breached any of these, it was quite informative and certainly not offensive. Also, I don't see any mention of quoting being forbidden. Perhaps you can tell me where I've gone wrong.

Community Administrator
Hi Jan_B.

Posting copyrighted material and content copied from other web sites is violation of law and SteadyHealth.com ToS.
Also, you still don't have 50 posts, which means that you have not achieved Global Member rank. Only members with Global Member rank, e.g. with 50 posts or more can post links if they aren't violating SteadyHealth.com ToS.