i have had really bad nausea right when i wake up, after i eat things, and sometimes before i go to bed. in the morning it is so bad i feel like if i even get up or move anywhere im going to throw up. It goes away for a while and then comes back when i eat something. After i eat i feel like im going to puke again for a couple hours and it starts to go away. It wont stop and its been going on a little more than a week now. Does anybody know what this could be from?

You may have appendicitis, I had this problem and turned out mine had ruptured. Go to the doctor, it can get worse

it might be Cyclic Vomiting Syndrome. That's when you vomit mostly in the morning (tho it can occur at any time of day) for no apparent reason, although an infection might be a trigger. The vomiting and nausea can last for several hours or even days and there is no cure.

I am also facing the same problem from past several years, is appendicitis can be a reason, i am not suffering from any pain

I know it has been quite a few years since you posted your question, but in case you entered your email so you'll be notified of a reply, and perhaps still haven't figured out the problem, I thought I would reply... as well as to add a reply for anyone else who sees this thread...

People have mentioned appendicitis, which can be a cause, and I think maybe even gallbladder problems perhaps??

Also, since you mention feeling sick after eating, talk to your doc about reactive hypoglycemia (hypo = low). This happens when some people eat a decent sized carbohydrate containing meal (sugar, bread, potatoes, etc.) and their blood sugar rises rapidly, the body reacts by releasing insulin, but too much of it, then your blood sugar drops sharply. Alcohol consumed with the meal can exacerbate the problem, both b/c it raises bood sugar at first, but then also can reduce the liver's ability to release it's own storage of sugars to help raise your bodies blood sugar. Signs of a hypoglycemic episode can be extremely lightheaded, pale, nausea, tingling in extremities, passing out, as well as other symptoms. Your doc can do a test for this... you drink a very sweet syrup rapidly, then they take your blood at various points over the next couple of hours. They look for a spike (typically higher than a "normal" person would have) and then a sharp dip. For example, it may jump to 150-200+ within 30m, then it may drop to 60 or less at the 1hr mark.

However, someone mentioned cyclic vomitting syndrome (CVS)... This is the first thing that popped into my head. I have had severe symptoms of this for as long as i can remember (at least back to 5 years old) and all the way through college and even currently. Symptoms are the only way to identify CVS, as there is no test that I am aware of... Getting sick in the mornings (or having the nausea wake me up at 3 or 4am) is exactly what happened most the time with me, as well as if I stayed up very late. Unfortunately, no "problem" was ever found after years of tests. Unlike the symptom of "lasting for hours" that is listed on the entry for CVS at the National Institutes of Health (link at the bottom of my post), my symptoms generally subside within 15m to an hour after vomiting...

There are meltaway tablets called Zofran (gen. ondansetron) but I don't think they work all that well. If it's severe and often enough, perhaps consider moving to a state that allows medical MJ. There is a LEGAL synthetic version, i.e. FDA/DEA, it's a prescription and is legal in every state. It's called Marinol (gen. dronabinol) but unfortunately, people on message boards claim that it doesn't work nearly as well as the "real thing" b/c it's orally administered (a pill) and the bioavailablility as well as rate of absorption is much lower than when inhaled. And as you know, when the nausea hits, you probably only have a few minutes, at most, before you get sick.

Also, make sure to note if it is anxiety related. Do you ever get this way when in a situation that may cause anxiety? Waking up facing a stressful day ahead of you? Or if you were around someone of the opposite sex and they come on to you (or I suppose the same if you're gay), or about to go on a trip somewhere, etc... if this is the case, a daily anti-anxiety med may help, or even possibly a mood stabilizer, such as one used for bipolar (such as Lamictal, gen. lamatrogine).

NIH link...
http://digestive.niddk.nih.gov/ddiseases/pubs/cvs

Good luck to you, and to others stumbling on this thread!

I have this problem now, but I don't have an appendix??

Thank you. I found this helpful. I am currently diagnosed eith gerd (after no testing), but believe this cvs is what I'm experiencing. I take rx strength pepcid twice a day, and as long as I don't miss a dose am fine

I have the same issue and I've had appendicitis and have no appendix so it's not nessicarily that.