I started running with my Puma Ribera. I was never a hardcore runner, infact I just plan on running about 3 miles every other day most likely. Now these Puma's fit me perfectly, and I had no problem running/playing basketball with them. But I think I need new running shoes.

Any help would be appreciated

I would say that you are a overpronator by your wear pattern. The best bet would be to take your shoes to a reputable running store and have them analyze your stance and shoe wear

That helps a lot Brewer.

So that means I should get motion control shoes instead of cushioned?

I am guessing I won't be able to tell which ones to chose from just online, instead I should go to a local shoe store?

PS - I have a floppy foot, wonderful! :umno:

Most definitely--go to a shoe store. As a running newbie I was put off by the snobbery I assumed they would have.
They were really, really nice and completely interested in making running a pleasant happy experience. If you are condescended to or they are pushy about you buying, walk away, there are other stores.
Many of these stores will actually allow you to run in them at home and if the shoes are absolutely horrible they will allow you to bring them back.
You should encounter helpful but not pushy salespeeps.
I hope you find the shoe you need!!!
And welcome!! :wavey:

A running store would be good. I have a floppy foot too and wear motion control shoes. Mizuno Wave Renegade is a great shoe or the Mizuno Wave Alchemy5.