I need some motivation! Any ideas?
My running is slipping because I'm snowed under with work. I can't seem to get either the energy or the inclination to head out. Missed my main session yesterday b/c I was so stressed, and thought it would add to the stress. I guess I should have gone for an easy run instead?
Opinions?

Thanks,
Laura

Here's my :twocents: on things:

Be thankful for what you've got. Right now, I'm limited on anything that I can do. I've got a stress fracture in my foot, so no running. I wrecked my bike the other day, so cycling is still somewhat painful and that also means no swimming because I'm covered with open wounds and they won't let me into the pool. The only thing I can do is weight training and some of the lifts are painful so I can't do that very well either.

I'm really looking forward to when I'm not so beat up. Take advantage of your good health and get out there and run!

PH
:D

I am really thankful for my health, but I do feel like I should be taking advantage of it, and the weather right now. I went out for 25 mins steady this morning. How did you wreck your bike? Sorry to hear about your fracture. I've no idea why my heart isn't really in it. Runner's blahs?

I need some motivation! Any ideas?

Get a race on the calendar. Send in the registration form. Having a target is a great motivator.

Join a running club. Working out with friends with simlar abilities and goals helps.

Prioritize. Yah, work is important - it pays the bills. But your health and personal wellbeing deserve attention too. Make time for yourself!

Just ideas...

Motovation is only mind games...Kid yourself that you will only do a short run - then when out, go for that extra mile or so. Kid yourself that all your stress and worries will be sorted if you have the space to run and think !! Kid yourself into anything - but get the kit on and head for that door....

Targetting a race is a good idea - it's all a bit vague about my plans for this month and the next.
After all this stressing I actually managed an easy run and a gym session today. Hooray.

Yeah, on the 9th. But nothing before then, and feel like I'm a bit in no man's land. Which would be OK, but I've only raced 3 times this year and am having withdrawal symptims :x

I have an hour and half blocked out on my calendar at work everyday. THat way I make time to get out even for a short run. I use that and I try and run one race a month for motivation. I hope this helps out.