Hi, I suffer from herpes, and I’m afraid that it caused a nerve damage. I have leg pain at night, and it hurts really badly. Could it be connected? Could herpes cause nerve damage?

Hi, the same thing happened to me. I developed herpes three years ago, and I’ve been trying to cure it with few different drugs. Valtrex helped me more than other drugs in treating this viral disease. However, after some time, I started having pain in my ankle that wouldn’t stop. I went to doctor and he told me that I probably have nerve damage. He said that some people complained about nerve damages after having herpes outbreaks, which were very painful. I heard many different opinions about connection between herpes and nerve pain, and must say that I’m confused. I will ask another doctor for a second opinion, and I recommend you to do the same. It’s always better to ask more different doctors if you’re not sure that you have a right diagnosis.