I'm just wondering if there is an average fasting blood glucose for Type 1 diabetics in the morning, or if there is a range or something. I have type 2, but was just wondering how easy / hard is easy for type 1s to have a steady blood sugar in the morning.

Fasting blood sugar levels are usually in the 70-100 to 70-110 range. It's about the same for everyone. I do have many patients whose fasting blood sugar is always near 120 or 130. No matter how much the dosage is changed, or whether the snack they eat at night is taken away. Some blood sugar levels simply run high. Is yours running low or high perpetually?

I'm not good at testing my fasting at all. I mean, I know it's not going to be high. I haven't eaten all night and I'm starving! I've heard that the fasting one isn't the most important one anyway because no matter what you're still going to eat and your sugar should be low after a night of not eating, right?  I think the range is the same for every diabetic, no matter if you have type 1 or type 2. I think it makes more sense to test blood sugar after I eat than before I eat. Why would I want to drop it down further with insulin and then pump it full of carbs? Seems I remember from biochem that taking your sugar level down compromises digestion and when your digestion slows, so will your fat burning capabilities.