I had long discussion with my husband, but in the end I decided not to circumcise our son when he is born. Is there anything special I need to do to for clean an uncircumcised penis? I am worried because there is sometimes some strange odor around my baby’s penis.

In general, an uncircumcised penis needs no extra care when he is a baby, but since there is odor that you smell I think that you have to be more careful about the cleaning the baby’s penis. In your case, the tip of the penis will be tightly covered by protective foreskin which is simply a flap of skin surrounding the glans penis. It is not separate from the penis at birth and actually takes up to several years before the foreskin can or should be retracted. It will be necessary to retract the foreskin on your baby’s penis for proper cleaning of the end of the penis underneath. A waxy, whitish substance called smegma will appear on the end of the penis, which you will need to gently wipe away. Since he is baby this will be a job foryou, but as he grows more independent he will need to be taught how to properly wash his entire penis himself.

i think you showld levie the foreskin alone till he old enoulfe to clean it his self.

NEVER EVER EVER RETRACT AN INTACT BABY. EVER. Doing so causes EXTREME pain and irreversible damage and leads to infection and skin bridges. NEVER FORCIBLY RETRACT! Only clean what is seen. Wipe like a finger.

The foreskin should never retracted. It is not ready to retract. The inner layer of the foreskin in a baby is fused with the glans penis. If you try to retract it, you will probably injure him. The first person to retract a child's foreskin should be child himself, because he will not do what hurts.

The rule is simple: "Only clean what is seen." That means you just wash the outside of his foreskin.

I believe that Peevey was saying that the skin kinda folds a bit around the tip.... so you kinda have to move it a bit to get in there. not pull it back all the way, just move it a little to see the tip...? does that make sense?