I'm starting to give in to my thoughts about my body and just me in general. I've tried cutting but thers always a part of me that thinks how will my family feel if they found out, it would hurt them so much. My family is divorced and I don't won't to add conflict.

i know that feeling all to well and know a few people that also do but i feel you need to talk to someone or go see your gp for some help and try and find out why you are feeling the way you do. but trust me there is a light at the end of the tunnel as i keep getting closer to walking through and if i was to give in to my feelings at times i would'nt be around hope this helps

i know how easy it is to give in to those thoughts but i have realised thats not the answer if i was you i would go and see your gp and get some help or even find someone that you can talk to and point you in the right direction hope this helps

I would start with therapy. If your GP is smart that's where he will refer you. As far as your family, their divorce could have helped trigger this.

You are not responsible for your families reaction and if you can't count on them for support well... Did they not get a divorce because it would hurt you?

This is your life and well being and your monkey on your back. It sounds like you want to protect them when it isn't them that's suffering.

You are responsible for you and trying to protect them sounds like a raging case of codependency.

Take responsibility and stand for nothing less from your parents. They aren't your supreme advocates, *you are.*

Get help good luck.