It has been exactly one day since my surgery(the doctor mentioned something about using a stapler?). Its painful, yes, very painful(not so so painful like ive read in other posts) but still pretty unnerving,it doesnt let me sleep.After the surgery(the same day) i ate some pudding, some sliced fruit, some ginger ale(pudding and ginger ale is the first thing the dorctors gave me after the operation) and if i recall late night i had some wheat bread with a tiny tiny amount of cream cheese(such a small amount i dint even feel any cream cheese on the bread)than since i couldnt sleep i was up ALL night, tossing and turning, crying a little here and there. I went to the bathroom, peed(after so many attempts, i had to push a little, i can pee now however) with the help of the sitz bath of course. Now,today, i find myself bloated, with a TON OF GAS,thats so hard for me to get rid off, it feels like i have to go to the bathroom(to do #2) and everytime i want to i cant cause i feel like id have to push really hard to poop,ive been using the sitz bath ever since, it helps me pass the gas. So i took some laxatives, the powder kind with some water, been drinking water all day....Oh and i forgot to mention i was also taking Percoset, i stopped though since yesterday(even though it did help me sleep for a few i dont want to take it anymore since i heard it constipates. Hmmmm...what else...oh and i had a little chicken noodle soup(very little) cause right now i really cant stand food. And....yeah, day two, my butt hurts, i cant pass gas(without using the sitz bath) had sliced fruit, jello, water,ginger ale, a little chicken noodle more water, took laxatives and just had a little wheat bread. If anyone, ANYONE here can give me a few pointers, advise on what to eat, help on how to pass gas, help on what to do when i have to go poo for the first time, i would really REALLY appreciate it. One more thing though, would it be too icky if when i had to go poo for the first time i did it in the sitz bath, thats what im afraid off, cause right now its what im doing to pass gas, what if when i pass gas i poo in the sitz bath? its relaxes me to use the sitz bath.

If your taking stool softeners that could be the reason for your gas. I know they made me pretty gassy. If your not taking softeners start taking them! The faster you get off the pain meds the better, they do and will constipate! Dont worry about going poo in your sitz bath, not that big of deal. My doctor told me to eat whatever I wanted after surgery other than spice, he came highly recommended. If its only been one day and you can type a post you"ll be just fine. Once you get past the first two bowel movements its home free!