Me and my husband often practice anal sex and I always use an anal dush to clean and prepare for it.

But my husband is insisting that he wants me to suck his penis after anal sex and he says that since I use the dush, it should not be a problem.

But I am really reluctant 'cause I am not convinced that his penis is clean enough for me to lick it, even though I use the dush. 

My question is: Is it safe to have oral sex after anal sex if you clean yourself before? 

Hi Terry,

If you don't want to then don't do it.  It's your choice, not his. 

You can not fully clean yourself.  While the risk of contracting any infection from yourself is remote, there is a lot of bacteria in your anus.

Oral before is OK. 

Hope it helps.

The bacteria in the digestive system are fairly innocous and generally don't cause any harm. I would say this is a safe so long as you husband is not carrying any other infectious agent, or has recently had something like gastroenteritis. But it really is your call and if you don't like the idea don't do it.

It's a 9 month old post but...

No, the bacteria are not "fairly innocuous" in the digestive system. Just because the host doesn't get sick doesn't mean the partner won't.

E. Coli lives in the intestines and can make you very sick.

Don't go back and forth.

Nearly all E. Coli present within human beings is harmless. It is usually the case that it is dangerous when strains are ingested from other species. The cross contamination comes from meat and the use of animal waste fertilizer on food.

One word: hepatitis.

You don't know what your partner has/been exposed to.

You missed the main point, the the original poster was talking about their husband.

I wouldn't recommend what her husband was requesting with a stranger you've picked up. I thought that would be so obvious I wouldn't need to spell it out...

Husband or not, he can still have hepatitis and pass it along.  You can get it from food and pass it along.

All I'm saying is that the bacteria (or viruses) aren't as "innocuous" as you make them out to be.

Hepatitis is a condition, not a classification of pathogen. I've been clearly talking from the beginning about bacteria (most Hepatitis infections are viral in nature) of the digestive system. I don't know why you are being so obtuse.

For most people, most of the time this won't be an issue. Long term partners are sharing all sorts of foreign bodies all the time. Your example of Hepatitis could be passed through intercourse.

Yes, I concede some activities are inherently more risky than others. Life is full of risks - you take your choices. I'm not endorsing this one, but simply stating that the normal gut flora is largely harmless. I stand by that and hope I've made my point.

"Hepatitis is a condition?"  No.  It is an infection by a virus.  To rule out the possibility of a virus because it doesn't fit your idealogy is crazy.

Fecal matter can cause disease.  That's it.  She can not clean her entire colon of bacteria no matter what she does.

Why are you so obtuse?  All I'm saying is that there is a risk and pointing it out.  That's it.

Ultimately it is her decision.  If she doesn't want to do it then her husband should back off and accept it.

Yes Hepatitis is a condition. I should know because I've had it. The condition is swelling of the liver and is caused by any number of different and unrelated infectious agents. Dont believe me? Look it up - the very first line of the wikipedia entry defines it as a condition.

But that's going off on a tangent. You don't seem to be listening, nor am I entirely sure what my "idealogy" is supposed to be.

You're getting your facts all over the place. Firstly, not understanding that normal human gut flora (not counting Norovirus, Hep A, what have you) is relatively benign (actually essential) then shifting your argument to Hepatitis, but compounding your error because clearly don't understand it is not a singular agent but a medical condition.

The last line of your response is redundant as it has nothing to do with either myself or my opinions.

Thank you for your response.

You are right dont listen to him. Im a doctor i know better.. ;)

Thank you for this, Medic-Dan and mysterious doctor :). I have been w/ my partner for 10yrs, things come up in the heat of the moment.

The statement from Mr. Anallover237017 having hepatitis is all I need to know you're full of sh*t... no pun intended.

Oh, and Mr. Anallover - your spelling is horrific.

Hepatitis can be contracted in a number of ways