Hello. I'm 21 years old female and I have some delicate questions that I definitely can't pose to my parents.
About a week ago my boyfriend has recommended me anal sex. I just laughed and refused it normally but basically because I don’t know almost anything about it.
I would really like to give him that pleasure but for me it this idea was very funny because I didn’t even know that thing such as anal intercourse exist.
I can't understand some things!
How could it be possible when all the bacterias, not mentioning feces, are present in my colon? I would really like to find answers to these questions. And one more thing- would I need some colon cleansing before anal sex or what?

I'm 29 year old female and I will tell you some facts about anal sex. You are right- proper hygiene should also be taken into account with anal sexual activity. There are several different types of colon cleansing such as Colon Hydrotherapy, Enemas, Herbal supplements, Laxatives and Oxygen-based Cleansers.
I have practiced it several times and I have developed a technique for colon cleansing. You see, some of my friends recommend me some serious colon cleansing products like laxatives but I found them pretty unpractical because your bowel movements will last about three days making sex almost impossible. I have practiced thing called “anal douching” and it was pretty good technique to cleanse the anal area. It is about putting a soapy finger inside you while showering.
I have always used some light soap because the stronger ones could be irritating.

I do not think that any tye of cleansing will make anal sex different or better but maybe a little cleaner is all. All depeneds on the person I guess. Anal sex is something that should be enjoyed and made a fun expierence for everyone involved. Start off slow, communicate and see where it goes from there.

Have fun!!!

Hi. I've been in just about the same boat as you. Well, I was actually quite aware of anal sex and open to the idea, I just didn't know how to prep myself. I chose to do some online research before I tried anything, then practiced cleansing at home before going for the real thing. I have a really supportive and patient boyfriend, which is a real must.
This is what has worked best for me:

1. If you have a massage shower head it will be immensely helpful. You can use the massage setting to direct the water into your anus, which will clean out anything unwanted. As a previous poster said, just repeat until the water runs clean in the toilet.

2. Fleet saline enemas are easy to use and cause very little discomfort. If you just follow the directions on the back of the box you should be fine. I like to shower and use the method I mentioned above after an enema, just for an extra clean feel.

I have enjoyed anal sex from my very first experience, and I think the most important factor was that I was comfortable. If you want to get the feel first, just lubricate your fingers, (Palmers Cocao Butter can be nice) three is about equal to what he will feel like inside you. Then just relax! It can be really enjoyable if you take it slow.

I hope this has been helpful, and that you will have a good time with whatever you do.

the best way is to starve a little. If you know you're gonna have sex. try to avoid food 12 hours in advance. thats how much time I feel it takes me to go to the washroom. the best device is water douching. you can get those really big ones and jsut flush out the bowel until it runs clean. hop in the shower. and do it a few more times when you get out~~ it's really important. because I find that about 20 - 30 minutes later. these transparent looking fibre particles exit after the the fecal matter. once you see these white transparent things. you know you're totally clean. isn't anal sex a hassle... starving yourself and worrying about digestion time...

Several people have contacted me about this thread.
They have expressed concern that this may encourage a harmful practice.

Personally, I am not aware of any professional that recommends douching in ANY orifice, anal nor vaginal, for any reason.

I echo the concerns to use lots of lube and relax to take it slow if you decide to try this practice, but it goes without saying that no matter what you do, you run the risk of "getting dirty" and soiling the sheets.

One person recommended bulking up on dairy products, particularly whole milk or yogurt, to bind or constipate oneself... making clean up not an issue.

What ever you decide, use caution and NO CAUSTIC products.

Anal sex is NOT for everyone.
Some don't like the experience, the image, the feel, or the prep.
Others get a kick out of the forbidden nature, the feeling, and the prep.

Myself, it does nothing for me.
There are not enough nerve endings to sense anything inside, and the risk of injury is too great for me to encourage this.

Use caution. 8-|

Anal sex can be an amazingly intimate form of sex. It's taboo nature makes it all the more erotic. There are plenty of nerve endings in the anus, and you can get a very different and interesting hit on your G spot from it. Really depends on the person though. It's not for everyone. There are however a few very dangerous answer that have been posted on here.

#1- DO NOT PUT SOAP IN YOUR ANUS!!!! The tissue lining your anus is pretty delicate. It's very easy to get micro cut and soap will only irritate it. Soap is for EXTERNAL USE ONLY!

#2- If you're going to clean out your anus. You can purchase an enema at most drug stores...follow the directions on the package. You can refill it with water and go again if you don't think it's clean enough. You can also use a small dildo to check if you're going to make a mess.

#3- LUBE!!! LOTS OF IT!! You can pick up some KY jelly at just about any drug store...or you can go to an adult store, they have some silicon based lubricants that work great and are condom safe and it doesn't burn anywhere near as much as the water based lube. NEVER USE LOTION!!! You don't want those chemicals inside you (once again with the external use only thing) It can cause all kinds of disasters inside a very delicate place.

#4- Start out slow! It's going to take time to get comfortable with the feeling. Take the time to relax...perhaps have your boyfriend lick it and play with the outside for a while. I wouldn't suggest putting fingers in there, since a finger is covered with a nail, rough skin, and lord only knows what's under the fingernail and you don't want it cutting up your insides before he puts his penis in you, it will burn.

There is a very large mental component to anal sex. You really have to want it. Maybe watch some porn, lots of oral sex. And one thing to remember is...you can go from vaginal sex to anal sex but do NOT go from anal sex to vaginal sex without making him wash his penis, even if you've cleaned out.

Hope everything works out for you.

Wow, Kirk. If you're trying to throw a bone to those people who are discouraging promotion of anal sex you definitely did, but spreading misinformation is definitely not appropriate for encouraging general awareness and education on a subject.

Not only do healthcare professionals of all sorts recommend enemas and anal douching for certain situations, they actually use it as treatments in all kinds of situations. That doesn't mean they're all going to promote anal sex or aimless douching, but they'll all have their own reasons for approving or disapproving of such practices.

Also, there are countless nerve endings in the rectum. The anus area is basically connected to the pubic region, making it very sensitive to stimulus. Of course the sensitivity is going to vary from person to person, in fact some avoid anal sex or stimulus of the rectum simply because they're too sensitive in that area. If it didn't have nerve endings countless people would not report having some of the best orgasms they've ever had during anal stimulation or some combination of vaginal/penile and anal stimulation.

Discussing the pros and cons is important but not speculation for the sake of posing an opposing argument.

Giuliani,

No need to colon cleanse just for the sake of anal sex. MAke sure you're clean for cleanliness sake. You wouldn't want there to be any unpleasant smells. A good lubricant such as astroglide and plenty of it works well. You would have to lubricate your boyfriend's penis as wel as inside your anus. The more relaxed you are the better. Try and practice with something first such as a finger or sexual toy to get use to the feeling.

I agree that anal cleansing is not necessary before anal intercourse. It does improve the experience though by geting rid of scratchy things inside. Lots of lube helps things slide and may prevent injury. My partner and me are spontainius so often there is no time to prepare.
some times he enjoys watching me take enemas to get clean. I like being clean first.He just wants in and doesent care dirty or clean.
As a first timer you may want to get an anal starter kit from an adult shop to get your hole slowley stretched big enough to enjoy the real thing. Just taking a penis without practice may stretch you to wide and cause tears around your anus. Thats how you get hemroids.
they get beter eventualy but hurt for a long time. I was trained rather brutily on the real thing.
I got through the painful break in period and now realy enjoy it. Hint The more you do it the beter it gets.
Involving your partner in cleansing and training can be fun. Some guys are confedent enough to try it to!
You may finde yourselves geting a duble ender dildo!

I think anal sex feels alot better for guys than it does girls cause guys have prostates.
We call that the male G-Spot :-D

My husband and I tried anal sex a few times with out cleansing and I was always so concerned that I would make a mess that I couldn't enjoy it. So I bought an irrigation bottle. ( Used after childbirth to clean the vagina when urinating for $2) and I squirted water in my anus until it ran clean in the toilet. It took about 4 times. But it was not uncomfortable at all. I did it once alone to see how it worked. I used a dildo to make sure I was clean. Then the next night I went for the real thing with my husband. It was AMAZING!! And no mess.
I reccomend starting with vaginal sex and getting really turned on before going for anal. I find if we try to go straight to anal I'm not relaxed enough and it hurts, or just feels weird. Trust and communication are the #1 most inportant things when learning how anal sex works. (and Lube!!) Ussually when we start I lie on my back and he on his side, perpindicular to me. This way I can guide his penis in me without him accidently pushing to fast and hurting me. Once you are open and comfortable you can do any position.
I have to agree with a previous poster who said never to put soap or lotion inside of you!! You can damage or irritate the delicate tissue around the rectum.
Anal sex is very intimate for us and we love it! I hope this helps anyone wanting to embark on an anal adventure!

I recommend doing some more research of your own. All us anonymous legion people on the internet have some good advice, but I'd still recommend taking the advice of a professional.
Because this is such a taboo topic a lot of pornogrophers have made some how-tos on the subject. My recomendation is with Nina Hartley's Guide To Sex made in 1995, its a bit older, but the practice itself hasn't really changed since the bible claims god destroyed sodom and gamorah.
Its just gotten cleaner.
Best wishes.

Do all women have an insatiable appetite for trail mix?

first things first, you have to have a BF who is prepared to take things completely slow, there is no need to go ramming home just because that is how guys see it in the 'movies'. my gf and I perform anal sex on a 50/50 basis and I also let her toy with my butt too. i know exactly how pleasurable it feels and no that by using lots of lube it can be so enjoyable. she has so much trust in me not to go hurting her because we take our time... if you approach the matter in this way you will find it so pleasurable. my gf was really put off AS by her previous partner due to ignorance and arrogance... i just took my time and made the sex so pleasurable. DONOT use soap, it can make things very sore for days believe me! anyway stay safe out there and have plenty of fun x