Any good tips for anal sex and how to make it more intimate, passionate and fun for the woman and man alike? Good positions etc? 

Doggie style is a good position to anal.  Is it your fist sex time?

It is the first time with this girl :) I wish to explore new and more exciting things relating to anal with this girl. Do you and your partner engage in anal? Are you male or female?

You both need to be relaxed and not rush it. Get her used to the idea of anal penetration over a few sessions; use your fingers. While she gets used to that provide some other stimulation, such as to her breasts or clitoris so that the experience feels intimate and sexual rather than some kind of medical examination (which can really kill the mood). Talk to her, make her feel good.

Before you plan to have anal sex, a bath or shower can help her relax, as can having a moderate amount of alcohol.

If you and she don't mind, licking of the anus before can be very arousing and great preperation.

When you are both ready for actual penetration (not forgetting the lube, right?), try the spoons position, where you both lay on your side, you behind her and her legs drawn up. All her muscles should be quite relaxed, more so than the doggie position. Again, continue to caress and stimulate her (not just thrust) while you make love.

Enjoy :)

Thank you :) I have recently begun to finger my girlfriends anus whilst having regular sex to stimulate her more and she seems to thoroughly enjoy it! Also, yes, licking does appeal to both of us. Is the spoons position the best and most pleasurable position for first time?

Well, "best and most pleasurable" is subjective. It is what I'd recommend. What is still most important for you both is to approach this with the right positive attitude, and the right preparation.

I don't doubt you'll' enjoy it, but for a woman even though it can become highly pleasurable it can be harder work. Give it time, listen to her and accept that making love this way will take some time to get used to.

Is it wise to wear a condom?

Is it wise to wear a condom?

A condom is not necessary if you are confident your partner has no STD. Same precautions as apply to any sexual activity apply to anal sex. With a stranger a must, with a long term monogamous partner it is really up to you.

Ok thank you, i have been with my girlfriend for nearly a year now and we are both completely 'clean' so to speak. Looks like a condom is not needed then. Perfect! How did you get into anal?

yes me and my boyfriend had anal sex for the first time and ive decided to continue engaging . (: