Hi, my husband and I have never been practicing anal sex. But, we are considering it, how bad is anal sex?

Hi, your are not the only one full of misconceptions of anal intercourse. Most people believe that anal intercourse hurts, but it is false. In the beginning it is hurtful, until the anus becomes used to the activity. Women who remember their first time having sex probably bears in mind a painful experience, too. But it didn’t make them stop having sex. Anal intercourse also takes practice to get accustomed to the activity. If pain persist, it means you are doing something wrong. Pain usually arises as result of: too tense and tightening receiver, if the giver is pushing too hard, if there isn’t enough lubricant, or too big penis or toy to put in.

Anal sex probably will hurt the first time. It may even hurt the first few times. It is enjoyable, though. There are a couple things you can do to make it feel good. Your husband can take it slow. You should use plenty of lube. You must relax and you shoul not tighten any of the muscles. You can play with your clit which helps. Anal sex feels good as long as you are doing it right.

Anal sex can be enjoyable, as long as it is done properly.
the first time i had anal sex it hurt the sphincters of my anus. there was a little bleeding too. the pain was due to the anus not being used to insertion of an object, (in my case it was my partners penis). the bleeding was also due to my partners penis, the sphincters were not used to the friction of anal sex and I received a slight tear. which healed over a 48hour period. and my doctor said it was normal.

The first time you have anal sex will hurt, just as vaginal sex did (or is supposed to). this is because the anus has many nerve endings and you are not used to the feeling of something pushing onto them.

I have found that before my partner inserts his penis, using a dildo that has a smaller diameter prepares my anus for his penis and this gives the sphincters time to stretch a small distance before stretching a little further for my partners penis.

We do not always use a condom, we are both STI free and have not had any anal problems. It can feel a little strange having sperm up your anus. after he has cum, I always have to take a trip to the bathroom because sperm will seep out of my anus, this is normal as for as anal sex goes.

you must always use plenty of water based lubricant. I use durex lubricants. when i lubricate myself/my partner lubricates me we always do the outer anal area around the anus and about a fingers length inside the anus. this provides enough lubricant for insertion. i also lubricate his penis or the dildo, if using the dildo.

when you start having anal sex, always go very slowly, you must stay very calm. this will help your sphincters to stay relaxed and not tighten around the penis. it takes some time to feel completely relaxed.
my first time for anal, my partner used one finger first, then two fingers, then his penis. this is good to help the anus to get used to the feeling of movement and gradual increases in size. If your partner has a very thick penis, i would advise you to use dildos of varying diameters, starting with the smallest first. you should use them until your anus is used to it then go up a size until you are ready for your partners penis.

It hurts. Bad.

It was uncomfortable at first but don't give up. Its worth the pain. It gets easier with practice. Take it slow and enjot. The orgasms are mindblowing!

Anal sex just sound like it is dirty? Am curious as to how clean it is, I mean you are puting something is a butt hole where fecal matter comes out. So how clean is it and can you as a guy get infections if not using a condom? Oh and will by penis smell like sh*t? So what I am wondering is should my girlfriend douche before we try?

If your girlfriend has been to the toilet recently then you should be fine but if not then make sure she doesn't has a full load because you could end being in a messy situation lol. Use plenty of lube (Y)

Medically risky behavior, even if condoms are used as barrier for STDs. 

The anal sphincter muscle is not anatomically designed to comfortably admit external objects-it is designed to relax and stretch when stimulated internally by rectal fullness from stool.  The risks, even with gentle insertion, are tears of anal tissue, rectal mucosa, which results in bleeding, painful passing of stool, and leaking of stool. 

Exposure to stool can result in urethal infections in a male insertive partner. The receptive partner is more at risk for contracting STD's due to virus in semen, if ejaculation takes place in the rectum.   Human papilloma virus also is likely to spread anally due to the trauma to the anal and rectal tissue, and some of the most difficult persistent HPV infections we see are chronic anal warts, both external and internal to anal sphincter and they are difficult to treat, sometimes requiring surgery to remove. 

Lastly, there is increase risk of spreading gastrointestinal pathogens through anal contact-whether it is bacterial infections like salmonella or E. coli, or parasitic infections like Giardia.

Bottom line (pun not intended) is that having anal sex is a form of sexual expression enjoyed by some people, and that involves potential discomfort and risk to both partners.

I think you need to go back to medical school to review human reproduction. First, 38% of heterosexuals engage in anal sex either with the female, male, or both. There are no STDs transfered naturally unless one of the sex partners has an STD. If anal sex is done out of love and affection with patience and care neither male or female will experience any trauma from anal sex. In order to contract Salmonella or any of the E. colis the anal sex would have to extend through the large bowel into the small bowel. Perhaps the worst physical harm that may come from normal anal sex is a fissure, which is a tear to the anus or rupturing a hemmoriod in and around the anus. Anal sex is no more risky that perhaps oral sex where the mouth contains more bacteria than your anus.

Anal sex us a pleasurable experience if done correctly. Use lots and lots of lubrication, as already mentioned use water based lube if you can, make sure that the person whose anus is to be penetrated has recently been to the toilet. Be gentle and take it slowly to begin with. Anal sex has always been a taboo subject and used to be associated with homosexuals, but this is no longer the case. Just be sensible about it, I can’t see why two responsible consenting adults can’t enjoy themselves, trust me both of you will experience the orgasm of your life. I remember when me and my wife first did it, yes it did hurt my wife, but after several sessions she began to enjoy it. We tend to do it regularly now and my wife loves it, especially if I tease her anus with my fingers and tongue first. :-)

i tried it like three times sh*t hurts no mor of that but i have frends who like it i used to think if u had a narrow butt it wouldnt hurt cuz mine is big but thats nothin 2 do wit it gay guys like it so maybe not that bad but my husband wont thinks if u wanna do a girl n the ass then u might as well b with a guy cuz thats wat the ginies for but even if he did want to i think he would cum right away cuz he cnt stay five minutes in my ussy without cummin i kno im bad i think somthin is wrong wit me cuz no one evr could.

i could lol

Amen....anal sex is such an therapeutic feeln. It makes ur whole self tingle if ur man (partner) knows how to do it. When he first penetrates ur anus it hurts but in a gud way. Than if he reaches down to ur clit or kisses ur back while inching his way in ur tight hole back there, oohhhh if feels sooooo good that u want it more & more & deeper & deeper. Than when he ejaculates it feels even more better because it slips in a little deeper. I'm telln u, it is awesome to know how many ways u two can actually pleasure each other. Hell, it will be better than any vaginal sex ever.

it's not bad as long as you go slowly at first, never force it.