i have had problems with my left side upper shoulder and neck, but it comes and goes... i wake up in the middle of the night and my whole arm is numb, neck stiff and shoulder is throbbing. My left arm and hand tingle and is numb at times. this lasts for weeks thgen will ease up, but when it returns, its almost unbearable. i had a doc @ the emergency room tell me it could be a ligament in my neck, but my shitty ass doctor gave me a shot for pain and tramadol(which is a useless med) and sent me on my way, doesnt seem he even cares to find out whats causing the pain, ANY IDEAS? %-)

I have the same problem. But I went to physical thrapist. it could be a pinched nerve. (Sorry for my spelling.) My doctor agreed with the therapist. Prop your left shoulder with 2-3 pillows, try not to sleep on your left side and gently move your arm back slowly for 5-10 minutes.