Hello, I was diagnosed with pharyngitus and a swollen lymphnode on my right side of my neck 5 days ago. My doctor perscribed me Omnicef-300mg capsules. I had to take them for 5 days,1 capsule twice a day. I am still feeling as bad as i was. I never had a sore throat. I just had the feeling of something stuck in my throat. I have had pain in my throat and neck such as a tightness and sore as in a strained feeling. Now my right ear is hurting( like a pulsating feeling). Has anyone had this feeling and can they tell me what is wrong? By the way i tested negative for strep throat and my pharynx was bleeding at my appointment. i have also had no fever and pharynx was also inflamed.

MY SON HAS THE SAME THING ONLY WE THOUGHT IT WAS AN ABCESSED TOOTH BECAUSE HE JUST HAD DENTAL WORK DONE. HIS JAW IS SO SWOLLEN AND HIS THROAT HURTS. HE HAS BEEN ON 825 MG OF AUGMENTIN AND STILL SEEMS AS BAD 6 DAYS LATER. WE EVEN HAD THE TOOTH IN QUESTION PULLED. LET ME KNOW IF YOU ARE BETTER.