I have a nagging pain w/burning sensation on my right upper back. I don't have my gallbladder since 2007. I've had this pain two weeks ago (off and on) and it only appear when I eat or drink. Last year, I had similar pain but it was on my mid-right side. It was so severe that I had to go to the ER (crying). The doc thought I had kidney stones and ordered all test to see but everything was okay.

HI there, it sounds to me like the burning sensation is not caused by the gallbladder but something else. I am wondering if it isn't some sort of muscle spasm as I had something quite similar a couple years ago. Have oyu seen a doctor about it instead of an ER?

hi i had the same pains a burning sensation across the middle to top of my back for about 3 days and i would go to bed with this pain and woke up soaked with night sweats i dont what this could be any ideas?

Did you ever find anything out? I've been having upper right back/burning pain since April. Off and On, trying to figure out a pattern, I'm wondering if mine could be menstrual related. I had a breast cancer scare in April and was told to discontinue taking the birth control pill. Since then I have not had a period....I'm only 36. Just trying to put two and two together and figure out this annoying back pain?