I've been dating the same guy for 4 years. He lives far away from me, so I only see him every 6-8 weeks and only for a weekend. Prior to be far away (school) we had sex almost every day for a year. The next 2 years were long distance, but great. This last year, I have had mild burning during sex, but it was bearable.

This past weekend was a different story. Every time we tried to have sex, the burning on the outside of my vagina was intense. We had to stop having sex. We tried using lube to see if that would help and it made no difference. We don't use condoms and are monogamous. We both got screened for STDs and it came back negative. This is not a UTI or yeast infection as I have had both. The pain is on the outside of my vagina and only during sex. I have no pain otherwise and no pain/discomfort during urination.

I inspected the area and the opening to my vagina appears very red and slightly swollen, but there are no other indicators of abnormality.

Please help! My dad just lost his job and thus I lost my insurance. I am putting myself through school and cannot afford a visit to a doctor until my dad gets another job and thus I have insurance again.