My husband has pain under his ribs on the right side. If he takes a deep breath it hurts. He's had broken ribs in the past and he says the pain is similar but he knows it isnt' a rib as he hasn't done anything to a rib in years. His history is kidney stones every couple months and he also uses albuterol for shortness of breath caused by being around paint fumes in his job. He isn't one to go to a doctor and cancels every appointment that gets made especially if he starts feeling better.
Wondering if the pain breathing in could be related to a kidney stone? He says he 'thinks' one he had a couple years ago presented like that but he doesn't remember for sure. For the kidney stones, he is drinking lemon juice every day and trying to do a lower sodium diet. He had an EKG several years ago and it was fine.
Any thoughts very much appreciated! Thanks.

Get him to a doctor, for many reasons. You can break or crack a rib without knowing it, especially if there is a history of the same. He could have also punctured a lung, which is VERY serious. At this point, the home remedies could be hurting more than helping. Do you know what strategies would get him to the doctor. that's the ONLY answer right now. He's got to go....

im getting the same pain. but my pain is under my right ribcage and in the middle of my chest cavity and in my right breast. the doctor wanted me to have a cat scan and the radiologist refused because I'm only 15. but when the pain comes i start to sweat and it literally takes my breath away. my doctor told me that there is nothing they can do without the cat scan. im scared. what if something is seriously wrong? help?