So I had a small lump near my anus probably 2 centimeters above the opening. It kind of hurts but not as bad as other people posted on this website. When I was doing my business in the bathroom I felt a painful throb near my anus. It just felt a little sore then a couple of days later I'm not really sure what happened because I couldn't see what was happening down there right off the bat but I kind of felt it pop. It was painful and for weeks now I have this "cut" like thing near my anus and it bleeds occassionaly. 

I would go to the doctor but I'm currently broke so I don't think I can pay if there's surgery involved. I was wondering if there's an over the counter medicine I could buy? an ointment of some sort?

If there's a free or low income clinic in your region, look for it and go.   This is an area  of your body you need to keep clean, the fact you stated it popped and now you have an open wound, suggest you could get an infection on top of what may have been a cyst or boil or something else.  This needs warm bath's to soak in, and I know the male species is not in favor of wearing pads, but in cases where there is drainage, a slim pad towards the back part of your underpants will help keep the area from leaking thru. (besides, there are sticky strips on the pad that adhere to the pants, so the pad will not fall out!!)  Key thing is, get it checked out, and keep that area as clean a possible. Clean gently with a soft cloth, using warm water, in that area. let the area air dry.  To be on the safe side, find out what you have in low income help for health care in your area. You only have this body, only one of a kind, and that is you, take care of it as best as you can. Try looking in the blue pages of the phone book, or google for low income health care for your area.  ER is there, just for that, an emergency, so if this gets worse and hurts way too much, go. Just ask about a budget  with the ER Office to make payments on your bill.    I am not sure what would be the best thing to put on this area, as its very delicate tissue to worry about.  Being its opena and healing now, might be best to keep it clean and dry as best as you can. But a doctor is the only one who can tell what it was you had or still have and if it will come back. hope you are feeling better. 

Yes i have the same thing I've had it since I was born just above my anus it dosent bother me it's nothing to worry about nothing happend to min in 20 years so don't get worried