Last night my two friends and I smoked pot. I used to be a frequent user, but I hadn't smoked in over 4 months. I took one hit and began coughing terribly. I drank some water and began to relax, we were watching a movie. I sat back and about 20 seconds later, I knew something was wrong. I had never felt this way from being high. I blacked out and came "back in" about 20 minutes later. I couldn't focus on anything in the room, I couldn't remember what city or state I was in or why I was there. My heart began racing, I felt like my entire body was pulsating. I thought I was dieing. I tried to use breathing techniques to slow my heart because if it got any faster, I would have died. I remember thinking to myself 'tell [friend] to call 911', but I couldn't move. I "faded" in and out for another hour. Every once and a while I would try to focus on the TV, but I just couldn't remember anything for longer than a second. This lasted about 2 hours and I finally began to calm down a bit. I couldn't comprehend anything that anyone said and I just wanted to go home. At about 5AM, three hours after I had taken the hit, I was okay. I told my friend about it and she said that they thought I was just sleeping.

I never ever want to smoke again. I honestly thought I was about to die. It was the scariest thing that has ever happened to me.

What do you think caused this?

Im 14 and I've exprienced the same exact thing, Horrible isnt it no one knows the actual feel of it until they go through it.
I had a really horrible panic attack from weed, I couldnt breathe everything around me was moving I felt trapped in my body and mind. It happened not to long ago actually, As a result from after all this Im very paranoid I sometimes feel like Im about to panic again even when Im not around weed. Its a horrible feeling, Makes you feel like your normal state of mind is totally gone. I went to the hospital after it happened. Til this day I cannot be around weed at all. I would advise anyone that went through this to STAY AWAY FROM WEED. Even if you inhale it just a little bit like in the air or from someone else smoking the panic attack will begin. So stay away from it, And marijuana is illegal i dont understand why people still smoke it ;/ 

this sounds exactly the same as what happened to me its hard to be around people who are smoking weed because i start to panic